Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

hvat4w.jpg

29osx3k.jpg

I don't know what kind of effect causes these on X360 but looks awful.

Overall, seems like R* improved their engine little bit. GTA IV PS3 vs. LCS PS3 screenshots [ and framerates too ] would be a better comparison to be sure of it, though.

I remember the discussions regarding GTA4's text look dithered & low res when someone posted that screen with a burger shot text.

There's little difference in the sign or the reflections between the versions. I would say they have improved the dithering. The burger sign in regular GTA4 was much worse IIRC.

can someone check After Burner on XBLA real quick please? And hopefulyl PSN version tomorrow. Need to decide which version to get........

here's a good head to head for Afterburner: 360 > PS3
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51539841.html

Anyway I love the Split/Second demo but it looks like
its running in sub HD res. Any thoughts on this??
I really enjoy the game but a little disappointed
it looks a little crunchy compared to Pure.

Judging quickly by eye it looks like the only difference is the extra 2xmsaa in the 360 version and a few extra dropped frames in the PS3 release. Neither looks upscaled to me.

Anyway I love the Split/Second demo but it looks like
its running in sub HD res. Any thoughts on this??

From what little I have seen, a lot of the post-processing buffers are messing around with the edges and overall image quality. The base geometry horizontal res appears to be 1280. Vertical res is not too far from 720.

Judging quickly by eye it looks like the only difference is the extra 2xmsaa in the 360 version

4x is pretty clear.

4x is pretty clear.

Ah cheers for checking that, not too surprised its actually 4xmsaa, it is pretty damn clean looking. A perfect 60fps + the nice image quality and pleasing colour palette makes for a really nice looking result imo. Personally I'd like to see more games go this route even if it means sacrificing complexity.

Well, I played about 45 minutes of Lost Planet 2 on PS3 and that included the initial jungle area that was in the co-op demo from last year. The game is HUGE improvement over the demo IQ-wise with nary a torn frame to be seen so far. The dithering is gone too, but it doesn't look like this version has any AA just like the demo, at least not all the time.

The frame rate is capped at 30Hz so that certainly helped with the tearing, unless the game is triple buffered so I'll just wait for an analysis to confirm everything. But this is the biggest improvement I've seen from a demo in recent times :smile:

Well, I played about 45 minutes of Lost Planet 2 on PS3 and that included the initial jungle area that was in the co-op demo from last year. The game is HUGE improvement over the demo IQ-wise with nary a torn frame to be seen so far. The dithering is gone too, but it doesn't look like this version has any AA just like the demo, at least not all the time.

The frame rate is capped at 30Hz so that certainly helped with the tearing, unless the game is triple buffered so I'll just wait for an analysis to confirm everything. But this is the biggest improvement I've seen from a demo in recent times :smile:
That sounds good but let me know if you ever bump into the area where IGN felt the framerate dipped like a mofo.

That sounds good but let me know if you ever bump into the area where IGN felt the framerate dipped like a mofo.
Not take IGN too seriously however. I have readen similar statement in others game which haven't & I must suspect IGN not review the final build sometimes.

Just one instance in a cinematic so far. The IQ despite the lack of AA, and the performance overall is without a doubt better than RE5, pre or post patch.

Not take IGN too seriously however. I have readen similar statement in others game which haven't & I must suspect IGN not review the final build sometimes.
I never did take them seriously actually, it's always down to the general consensus in forums:).
Just one instance in a cinematic so far. The IQ despite the lack of AA, and the performance overall is without a doubt better than RE5, pre or post patch.
Got the game today and upto 1-2, it's been pretty smooth so far but did encounter framerate stutters here and there but nothing serious.

I never did take them seriously actually, it's always down to the general consensus in forums:).

Got the game today and upto 1-2, it's been pretty smooth so far but did encounter framerate stutters here and there but nothing serious.
Any updates? I have a friend who have encountered the same problems of the laggy fps in his ps3 fat and he have to sell the copy to the desperation.

Back