Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

The post processing does affects the MSAA but its not as bad as you are making it look...infact I always tend to use UC2 [& now FF13] as examples to show how clean even 2*MSAA can look.

OK, I believe u guys. It seems that I felt for the post effects, brightness and color to believe that AA is not there.

OK, I believe u guys. It seems that I felt for the post effects, brightness and color to believe that AA is not there.

It probably has something to do with the resolve to a 1x target from the 2xAA target in order to do lighting computation on the SPUs, so certain surfaces end up lacking MSAA.

Amusing. Winner decided due to cutscenes?

Although it is quite odd that of all the places not to use Vsync, cutscenes aren't exactly where I would choose not to use it. It's very odd that there would be vsync on X360 in gameplay but not in cutscenes.

Regards,
SB

There was no winner, it was a draw. Three individual editors chose their favourite though, all choosing the PS3 - the first two due to less tearing and the last due to cutscenes.

Although it is quite odd that of all the places not to use Vsync, cutscenes aren't exactly where I would choose not to use it. It's very odd that there would be vsync on X360 in gameplay but not in cutscenes.

Regards,
SB

Actually, isn't the only drawback of Vsync (with triple buffering) additional input lag? For cutscenes it would make sense to use Vsync to improve quality since there are no inputs, and risk tearing for improved controller response during gameplay.

However that comparison is really not very well done. PS3's Youtube video capture and better shadow quality was overlooked as well as 360's HDD install loading times and framerate/tearing with motion blur turned off weren't tested. From playing the PS3 version I can tell that shadows aren't impressive at all, and the game looks better when you're high up watching the world below rather than up close with low polygon models, simple textures etc.

Oh, and presentation-wise this game is no FF13 or UC2, the cut scenes are so bad that I watch them lauging my ass off to the bad dialogue and accents. It's actually just as entertaining to watch as big budget games, but for entirely different and unintentional reasons :) So I wouldn't care about image quality/framerate in cutscenes of THIS game, they could as well make it still pictures as long as they kept the ridicilous voice acting, I'd enjoy them the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards,
SB
There isn't a winner. Well to be honest graphic has a little edge on 360 (motion blur); for the rest it's just triple buffering vs motion blur at the end.

There was no winner, it was a draw. Three individual editors chose their favourite though, all choosing the PS3 - the first two due to less tearing and the last due to cutscenes.

Yes, which was my point the tearing was only in the cutscene. All gameplay for X360 was vsync'd with no tearing. So basically all the editors decided a personal winner due to the cutscene.

Again, amusing.

And still baffled as to why the dev decided to vsync the gameplay but not the cutscene.

Regards,
SB

Back