Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

I swear I’ve seen checkerboard evidence somewhere for Origins? Maybe it was the X, it then the question is why use CBR on the X and not the Pro? Weird.
to get the build ready for e3 maybe.
basic CBR is the most straight forward solution, i think they used it for anthem reveal as well. It may not be come release either. That's why I don't base too much on pre-release footage, you don't know when the build was, and you don't know if there is another branch merging to master that will completely change it.

for all we know it could be CBR on release ;)

to get the build ready for e3 maybe.
basic CBR is the most straight forward solution, i think they used it for anthem reveal as well. It may not be come release either. That's why I don't base too much on pre-release footage, you don't know when the build was, and you don't know if there is another branch merging to master that will completely change it.

for all we know it could be CBR on release ;)
Yes but some CBR implementations have night and day results compared to others...I really hope they won't use the horrible CBR tech used in Anthem.

Yes but some CBR implementations have night and day results compared to others...I really hope they won't use the horrible CBR tech used in Anthem.
yea I think that was a rushed job for E3. We'll continue to see better implementations as time continues.

DF mentioned in their video that the artefact was just with the bird flying around, so it's possible nothing actually changed, and that it's just some corner case where you'd notice.

Comparison of Assassin's creed origins Pro vs XBX:

Not much of a difference between both versions on this youtube feed (1080p, can't watch higher). The youtuber has also COD WW2 Pro vs XBX comparison showing similar inconclusive results.

I'd need higher resolution of those...

RmE7HcJ.png

fMZOvEw.png

Kinda off topic but not fully, but it boggles my mind sometimes how people supposedly in the know how express technical knowledge that has a big question mark
We had this discussion where I mentioned games on PC that can render up to 8K if you have the right hardware and force it to that resolution. He disagreed. Any supposed resolution above the res of your maps (normals, speculars, textures etc) is considered upscaled, not native he said (i.e a game cant be 4K native if textures are not 4K. It is 4K upscaled)
I agreed that the maps will always be subject to their map res, but we are talking about 2 different aspects of resolution. I.e You can have framebuffer/render resolution native above your map res and hence it comes with benefits such as cleaner image, less atialiasing, better defined details in the distance and as such.
No he insisted. Thats upscaled. Impossible.
I was like :-|

yes, but the ceiling isn't 4k, it's above that and super sampled down to 4k, was messed at 6k by the dev, but don't expect that to be anywhere close to the norm. May also drop below 4k, but we don't know how often it that may occur

Which makes analyzing 2 shots rather pointless in the grand scheme.

Back