Heavy Rain: New Screenshots and development footage*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think of them giving MW2 a 10 & not mentioning low res textures..Ha !
That said...who cares ? lol

I'm getting this thing Day 1 :)

:oops: 10 to gta 4 and 9 to kz 2 & unchy 2 ... really those guys have something wrong ...

here is their explanation in the body of text

The graphics, for instance, are great with regards to characters' faces, but clothes, hands and especially some objects in the environment aren't as detailed as you would hope. Lip syncing is actually not bad, but the mouths on some characters (not all) don't have a ton of detail so the speech animation winds up looking off at times. And, while the character animation is top-notch in terms of the little details that Quantic Dream has tossed in (feet taps from a bored character, jaw movements while someone thinks, etc.), you can tell that the motion capture data isn't as detailed as what you'll see in, say, Uncharted 2. Hands will sometimes twitch a tiny bit, or fingers won't quite bend right on occasion.

The open demo is out tomorrow isn't it?

Yap !
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/heavy-rain-demo-forecasted-for-thursday/

While this might be true for the weather in some parts of the country this week, the game demo for Heavy Rain will be available worldwide through the PlayStation Store on Thursday, February 11, 2010.

I'm thinking of skipping the demo for that "new game smell" when I play it for the first time. Will have MAG and Bioshock 2 to keep me company.

Surprised at the critical acclaim so far. A bit disappointed they couldn't vary what you'd see each time through a scene quite like that taxidermist demo, but hopefully DLC solves that. Also nice to see there's more pretty water scenes.

Surprised at the critical acclaim so far. A bit disappointed they couldn't vary what you'd see each time through a scene quite like that taxidermist demo, but hopefully DLC solves that. Also nice to see there's more pretty water scenes.

What do you mean?

Really cant wait to play but im goin to resist playing the demo!
Heavy Rain is kicking off what could be the best few solid weeks of gaming ever! Its nuts! And we have only just had Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 aswel!

week1: Heavy Rain
week2: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
week3: Final Fantasy XIII
week4: Yakuza 3
week5: God of War III & Lost Planet 2
week6: Just Cause 2

Im going to be skint :LOL:. Oh well being skint dont bother my much when i have a game to sink my teeth into!

Heavy Rain is kicking off what could be the best few solid weeks of gaming ever! Its nuts! And we have only just had Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 aswel!

week1: Heavy Rain
week2: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
week3: Final Fantasy XIII
week4: Yakuza 3
week5: God of War III & Lost Planet 2
week6: Just Cause 2

You're not kidding! I still have at least a dozen titles to fire up between PC, PS3 and 360 and I'm already sure that your week 1, 2 and 5 are all on my immediate purchase list. Lately I seem to "age" my games before playing.

That is why I stopped buying more games till I finished the ones I had. There's nothing like the joy of finishing a game, it is only then that u get the full taste of the game :D ! Still have to finish Infamous ! That game is way too good and then I replay MGS4 sometimes.
But I think I can't let Heavy Rain and GOWIII pass by ! Will get them soon :)

What do you mean?

I meant you don't get that same degree or sense of spontaneousness with what the AI does and how you can choose to react. But to me that's just something minor since scenes like the taxidermist demo arrive later as DLC so I've heard. Plus they already have branching that leads to vastly different endings and new scenes even on the 3rd or 4th run so that's nice.

Yeah it's really crazy at the moment. I think the only games I'll 100% be picking up over the next few weeks will be FFXIII, Heavy Rain and Yakuza 3 (which I'm guessing won't have a massive printing, so I should grab it while it's hot). Still working through ME2 as well.

Great to see the game reviewing so well. I thought Indigo Prophecy had some good concepts but was executed poorly. Good to see they've improved the formula into a polished version of their initial vision.

I meant you don't get that same degree or sense of spontaneousness with what the AI does and how you can choose to react. But to me that's just something minor since scenes like the taxidermist demo arrive later as DLC so I've heard. Plus they already have branching that leads to vastly different endings and new scenes even on the 3rd or 4th run so that's nice.

What taxidermist demo are u talking about ?

I believe the Taxidermist demo is the one where Madison explore a serial killer's house. If discovered, you need to find a safe way out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back