Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

Given the mapsize in warzone and the needlers homing ability it might make quite a good covering fire weapon to spam at bases to keep heads down especially against snipers, its naff in arena but in warzone it might have a use.

Perhaps make the secondary needle explosions damage players locally so its more a group clearing weapon.?

It would be good for it to have some reasonable purpose given they have had so much competitive feedback.

@Laa-Yosh were you involved in this one ?

Nope, we've been busy with other things ;)
Can't say for sure but it's either Axis or Blur; probably Axis though (Blur's visuals are usually... sharper and more shiny).

That was pre-rendered with in-game assets apparently. I am wondering if they could make this run real-time with destruction running on the cloud. That looked awesome anyway!

I like Frankie but everything about the Spartans were quite a lot more high-res than anything in the game; faces and hair in particular, but the armor's been uprezed as well.
Edit: upon taking a closer look, Frankie's right in that the armor doesn't look that highrez, you can see normal mapping artfacts and such subtly.
Not sure about the Covies and their ships, probably more straight ingame stuff there.
And of course all the environment, effects work and such are all CG. Don't expect any spectacle like this from the engine.

Last edited:
More seriously, as soon as they jumped out of the ship, I was hoping for player control ala Crysis intro, and what better way to demonstrate large scale battlefield if you essentially chose where to land.

Meanwhile Easy players get the aiming tutorial done during the H.A.L.O. insertion and/or first-person-hands-on demonstration of the spartan abilities in actual gameplay instead of all the cinematic videos.

Oh well.

Hehe :) you actually get control of the squad right as cinematic ends ;) almost the same.

I think Spartans (the best ones) are supposed to be this beastly. Each Spartan apparently costs as much as a Drradnaught starship in terms of materials, they have their own fusion reactors and their mesh skin allows them to lift several times their own strength.

That being said, what we saw and comparing cinematically - Master Chief plays on legendary and Team Osiris plays on "don't hurt me daddy".

Not the new spartans, they're cheap and not as efficient as Master Chief class of spartans.

This trailer reminds me of the Avengers group assault where here you replace them with spartans. Pretty incredible choreography have to say, maybe nextgen we'll get those insane level of effects and details in actual gameplay.

Not the new spartans, they're cheap and not as efficient as Master Chief class of spartans.
Interesting - I thought the newer armours (Gen 4) were more powerful than GEN 2 versions, since they couldn't rely on the soldiers enhancements as much.

Interesting - I thought the newer armours (Gen 4) were more powerful than GEN 2 versions, since they couldn't rely on the soldiers enhancements as much.
30 years of R&D + Covie/Forerunner DLC probably helped reduce/streamline armour costs. :p

30 years of R&D + Covie/Forerunner DLC probably helped reduce/streamline armour costs. :p
Yes, I have no idea how long MC has been in cryo - but this makes sense to me. I think MC's armour has been upgraded over the years as well though, IIRC, he's a different variant of his MKII armour. But he's bound to MKII armour.

Yes, I have no idea how long MC has been in cryo - but this makes sense to me. I think MC's armour has been upgraded over the years as well though, IIRC, he's a different variant of his MKII armour. But he's bound to MKII armour.

IIRC, the SIIs started out with MK IV armour which saw minor upgrades/variants until MKV (shields based on Jackal shield + AI interface + fusion pack improvements etc).

Side note: You might be thinking of the Guilty Spark quote about Chief's MK V being a class 2 combat skin in CE.

MK VI in Halo 2/3 - faster recharge etc.

MK VII - Naomi's suit in the Kilo 5 novels w/ nanotech repairing or something.

Back