GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

The stock car races are great :) Best racing fun I've had in ages.

Certainly one of the sources is this youtube video, where the poster confirms he owns both PS4 and XBO - the giveaway is the map, which lacks a border on current gen. The countryside part is around 6:33 in.
Indeed, thanks for that.

lol Grassgate. That is a nice difference though for the PS4. I have denser and higher quality grass mods on Skyrim because I have the power to run them and it looks much better. Having the patchy open areas really detracts from it. Most consumers won't care or notice but it must be indicative of the ROP difference between the systems.

Differences in things like foliage density are much more appreciable to me than differences like 1080p vs 900p in other games.

Digital Foundry: GTA 5's next-gen grass compared

Digital Foundry said:
Overall, this is the kind of effect where the PS4's larger GPU and higher fill-rate come to the fore, and while it shouldn't impact any purchasing decision (Xbox One is hardly barren and featureless in the affected locations), it's nice to see that Rockstar has utilised the additional graphics power on tap in the Sony console.

So apparently not a bug. I'm surprised. PlayStation 4's superior GPU (Grass Processing Unit) FTW :eek:

hiccups are happening because of the ps4 streaming something or accessing data or whaterver, because i just had some stutter, and re did the same trajectory multiple times right after it happened, and it was smooth.

If Rockstar gets around to making Red Dead Redemption 2, it's going to be amazing to look at.

This.

Every time I see footage I just drools at the prospect of a 'from the ground up new gen only' RDR2. I'm hopefull they are already working on it and we will be getting some news next year :)

Regardless of the differences it's nice to see games less barren now.

This.

Every time I see footage I just drools at the prospect of a 'from the ground up new gen only' RDR2. I'm hopefull they are already working on it and we will be getting some news next year :)

I was going to say it'd be a while, but it's about 4 and a half years since RDR with about 6 years from Revolver to Redemption so it'd be right on time.

San Andreas on PS2? I'm really looking at the progression between GTA IV on 360/PS3 in 2008 compared to GTA V in 2013 on the same consoles. With Red Dead Redemption sandwiched between them. I think it likely we'll see a similar release schedule this gen, i.e. we'll get another Red Dead before we get another GTA. And I expect we'll have Rockstar show similar technical advances this gen as we saw on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 (GTA III to Vice City to San Andrea).

First world problems.
  • My BIL stock is crashing and not rebounding as expected and I'm deep in with 2m.
  • Sometimes when the sun streams through my car windows I can't see which song in plating on my radio's display.

Got the Disc yesterday, threw it in and the PS4 started the installation instantly (as it should), and again, i had to start the game before it triggered the download of the 1GB patch(!). Anyway, it was pretty awesome to start the game again knowing all the exciting missions that awaits me. And the game looks stupid good, it was already amazing on the PS3, they simply raised the bar yet again and the first person stuff is pretty amazing as well. I really really hope they deliver GTA6 with a
First world problems.
  • My BIL stock is crashing and not rebounding as expected and I'm deep in with 2m.
  • Sometimes when the sun streams through my car windows I can't see which song in plating on my radio's display.

Important stuff, did they fix the Wall Street cheat?

Got the Disc yesterday, threw it in and the PS4 started the installation instantly (as it should), and again, i had to start the game before it triggered the download of the 1GB patch(!). Anyway, it was pretty awesome to start the game again knowing all the exciting missions that awaits me.
I'd forgotten so much of it that a lot of it caught me by surprise again. And I don't know why but I appreciate the dialogue a lot more. I especially like the dialogue where M is telling T he's a hipster. I had completely forgotten about the DB007 car and a bunch of stuff. I've found the Altuists as well, which I somehow managed to miss on PS3.

Important stuff, did they fix the Wall Street cheat?

I don't know what that is? The only stocks I play as those you directly impact in the game. Usually when a stock is hit it rebounds after a week or so but BIL isn't bounced after the first assassination mission :mad:

Got the Disc yesterday, threw it in and the PS4 started the installation instantly (as it should), and again, i had to start the game before it triggered the download of the 1GB patch(!). Anyway, it was pretty awesome to start the game again knowing all the exciting missions that awaits me. And the game looks stupid good, it was already amazing on the PS3, they simply raised the bar yet again and the first person stuff is pretty amazing as well

I doubted for a while as I feel a bit stupid spending so much money on this game (bought the PS3 version but only played that to somewhere before the third character), but finally did pull the trigger on this on Friday. I have to say, the game is great. The FPS is actually something I'd hoped for and it makes the game so incredibly much more fun. And the graphics upgrade is really quite impressive.

Impressive! Biking down Mount Chiliad on the track (first parachute jump mission) is also fantastic in first person but you really need to know the track if you want to do it at speed. But even when you miss a turn, it's greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat :)

Back