GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

I wonder if Rockstar are big enough they don't have to force a parity patch on this one to downgrade the PS4.

"haha no thanks MS, we have enough money"

I wonder if Rockstar are big enough they don't have to force a parity patch on this one to downgrade the PS4.

Or maybe, you know, they could just add in the missing foliage into the Xbox One version ;) I've seen Xbox one streams with dozens of cars and pedestrians. Grass, plants and trees shouldn't present any problem at all.

Just found a setting in Display that lets you turn off DoF. Tried it, don't like it Put it back on :) No setting for "I hate nature", though. I'm still calling that as a bug.

http://i.imgur.com/Csa01f2.gif

Wow. Yes, the PS4 is the grassier one... lighting/shadowing seems better as well.

Wow, the missing grass really is quite widespread! I've been really impressed with the grass, plants and trees. I was jettisoned off my bike onto a grassy verge in the middle of a street in downtown Los Santos and was impressed that the grass appeared to be drawn rather than a flat texture.

Just got the 1.02 patch which is another 1.14Gb. Seems a bit of a coincidence, I wonder is the main binary if a gig in size? But that sounds crazy huge - unless it incorporates all of the animations and AI to make updating those easier. Hmmm..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunsets on clear evenings are glorious on PlayStation 4 :) Not too much, not too little, just right.

I have the XB1 version and it looks great compared to the X360. More foliage, traffic, depth-of-field looks great, and they even added some motion-blur when you crash into things. Went to paleto forest and looked at the foliage and I can definitely see that there are areas where the grass doesn't look as dense as the PS4 version.

Not sure if I'd trade in native 1080p for more foliage but to each his own I guess. And I'm also not sure how people keep saying the game's color look "muted", foggy, or some shit. The game looks amazing on my end.

Now, about that single-player story based DLC Rockstar... :)

I don't know if anybody plays GTA Online and if having issues with character transfers but Rockstar have just posted this.

Rockstar Support said:
Question: I haven’t played GTA Online since 2013. When I try to transfer to PS4 or Xbox One, it says “No previous Grand theft Auto Online data is associated with your Social Club account.” I then tried to go back and play GTA Online on PS3 or Xbox 360 to verify, but it says the Rockstar services are unavailable. Help!

Answer: We are looking into an issue preventing character transfer and GTA Online login on accounts that haven’t played GTA Online since 2013. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thanks for your patience.

11/18/14 Update: We are currently addressing this issue with a patch for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 users. This patch is available for download, but may not be available in your region for the next few hours. If you attempt to download the patch and see a “CE-32937-4” error, please attempt to download the patch again later today. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Affected PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

11/18/14 Update 2: Sony have increased the number of servers that the PlayStation®4 patch can be download from to reduce errors and make the patch more accessible. Please try the patch download again; if you still see an error, close GTAV completely and try to install the patch. Stay tuned to this page for the latest updates.

11/18/14 Update 3: At this time, PlayStation 4 users should no longer have issues downloading the patch. All character migrations are now working on PlayStation 4, and affected PlayStation 3 users can play GTA Online as normal. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow.

Or maybe, you know, they could just add in the missing foliage into the Xbox One version ;) I've seen Xbox one streams with dozens of cars and pedestrians. Grass, plants and trees shouldn't present any problem at all.
I think it's too widespread to be missing by accident. Tons of overlapping animated alpha textures can often really bog down fillrate which will be more of an issue on Xbone.

Not sure if I'd trade in native 1080p for more foliage but to each his own I guess. And I'm also not sure how people keep saying the game's color look "muted", foggy, or some shit. The game looks amazing on my end.

Same here. I'm starting to think some people have shi**y TV's or have no clue on calibrating their TV sets properly.

"haha no thanks MS, we have enough money"
What the hell? You know that isnt how that works right? You have let the internet flame wars warp your mind. Maybe you should read the sticky at the top of the console forum about the New rule.

What the hell? You know that isnt how that works right? You have let the internet flame wars warp your mind. Maybe you should read the sticky at the top of the console forum about the New rule.
Yes perhaps I should. I posted in jest really due to all the parity drama that has been going around lately and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I understand that I didn't post in that fashion though, I thought the concept was over the top enough.

[QUOTE="Malo, post: 1808584, member: Yes perhaps I should. I posted in jest really due to all the parity drama that has been going around lately and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I understand that I didn't post in that fashion though, I thought the concept was over the top enough.[/QUOTE]

Ok sorry it is hard to sense sarcasm when it is typed and not spoken.

He was being sarcastic. Even if he wasn't, people need to lighten up around here! Anyhow, the PS4 and XB1 both suck when compared to the almighty PC. j/k ;)

He was being sarcastic. Even if he wasn't, people need to lighten up around here! Anyhow, the PS4 and XB1 both suck when compared to the almighty PC. j/k ;)

I apologized. It isnt an issue of power that I was replying to it was the whole idea of paying for the gimping of any version of any game by any company. I am sorry once again I didnt catch the sarcasm.

Those screens showing the difference in foliage are quite striking. Not only the grass but those ground textures are ugly on the X1 version. It almost looks like the image is comparing last gen to current gen.

I think it's too widespread to be missing by accident. Tons of overlapping animated alpha textures can often really bog down fillrate which will be more of an issue on Xbone.
Very true, many PlayStation 3 games had degraded foliage because of this, but Xbox One? o_O

Does anybody know if the Xbox One versions of Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Far Cry 4 lack dense foliage? If there was a ton of other things going on I could understand this being a thing but on a hill far from roads? :confused:

People at GAF were saying the PS4 version has more foliage too, based on a comparison video posted on some site.

Yes I saw those and posted a few gifs here. I'm wondering what are the LOD quality settings (medium, high, etc..) are between the two?! Maybe in January we will find out once the PC edition is released.

Back