GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Yes I saw those and posted a few gifs here. I'm wondering what are the LOD quality settings (medium, high, etc..) are between the two?! Maybe in January we will find out once the PC edition is released.

That'd be some über aggressive LOD settings that only affect plants then. In the gif you posted earlier, plants barely a few feet away are missing. Everywhere else, including in the super populated city, it all looks exactly the same. Very peculiar.

That'd be some über aggressive LOD settings that only affect plants then. In the gif you posted earlier, plants barely a few feet away are missing. Everywhere else, including in the super populated city, it all looks exactly the same. Very peculiar.

I don't know? There could be a possibility that the overall city geometry (rendering) is less taxing than the forestry areas. Although the city has a nice draw size, I would think the forest/mountain areas would be even larger in scale. I know it sounds stupid... but it could be a possibility. Also, we don't know the actual quality (precision) of the lighting/shadowing between the two or the missing XB1 effects such as lens flares and possible god rays.

I haven't been in the forest areas yet... I'm still enjoying the city at the moment.

Last edited:
I haven't been in the forest areas yet... I'm still enjoying the city at the moment.
Ditto, I've just got to point in the campaign where you're in the desert. Before I had the game I had planned to drive all round the map before doing much, but I just lost myself in Los Santos :)

Very true, many PlayStation 3 games had degraded foliage because of this, but Xbox One? o_O

Does anybody know if the Xbox One versions of Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Far Cry 4 lack dense foliage? If there was a ton of other things going on I could understand this being a thing but on a hill far from roads? :confused:
Well fillrate is rather governed by ROPs and PS4 has twice as many as xbox one?

Is there any confirmation that the xbox one shot is actually xbox one? Anyone actually look at their own game? It's probably a 360 shot. I can't believe it would be that reduced even though I've been convincing myself otherwise?

Is there any confirmation that the xbox one shot is actually xbox one? Anyone actually look at their own game? It's probably a 360 shot. I can't believe it would be that reduced even though I've been convincing myself otherwise?

It's been confirmed at GAF by multiple users (PS4 and XB1 owners), plus a few other pictures as well. Digital Foundry's faceoff article should/will clear up any funny business...

m5QfIhd.png

Judging by this shot... the XB1 shoot looks beyond the typical PS3/XB360 screens. The IQ looks cleaner compared to previous PS3/XB360 GTA V screen captures. It just falls behind when compared to the PS4 edition (if proven).

Certainly one of the sources is this youtube video, where the poster confirms he owns both PS4 and XBO - the giveaway is the map, which lacks a border on current gen. The countryside part is around 6:33 in.

I take back my words, game is beautiful most of thew times. Its only around noon that it looks bland. I still wish the shadows on buildings were higher res. The game looks really good at dawns, Sunsets, evenings and nights ! Flying at night is a razzle dazzle of lights and you can see cars driving on streets below,even far away ni the distance !
Also changed my FPS controls to "shooter" and now I am loving the FP mode. Especially the crazy driving !

II take back my words, game is beautiful most of thew times. Its only around noon that it looks bland
I said the same thing in the WATCH_DOGS thread and people disagreed.

Also changed my FPS controls to "shooter" and now I am loving the FP ode. Especially the crazy driving !
I've completely adjusted to first person driving now and prefer it unless things are crazy hectic. Still adjusting to first person running and gunning.

Which one ? All my pics are from the shate button, i checked again and they are all 1080p ?

The pics I looked at were 1920x1080 as well. This forum has some of the worst pixel counters ever! :D

I can't believe people are still doubting this lack of grass, talk about being in denial!

TBH I'm really upset with the whole pre-load thing. Although my PS4 said 51gb was installed, when I went to play it last night it still had to d/l 'the rest of the game' at a painfully slow speed. In the end I gave up (2 hours later) and left it on overnight.

Frankly I'm livid, I specifically put asside time and the whole digital pre-order system failed me :(

Didn't your game pre-load at the weekend? Mine started about 2am on Sunday morning, shortly after they took the money from my wallet. That pre-load included the day one 1.14Gb 1.01 patch and the only thing I had to download since is yesterday's 1.14Gb 1.02 patch.

A 55Gb game is not good one for pre-load to fail :(

55GB? Really?! Damn, I desperately need a bigger HD. I guess that's one of the downfalls of going fully digital this generation. Seems like I will have to start deleting games I rarely play, as 1TB ssds are just still too expensive... :(

Didn't your game pre-load at the weekend? Mine started about 2am on Sunday morning, shortly after they took the money from my wallet. That pre-load included the day one 1.14Gb 1.01 patch and the only thing I had to download since is yesterday's 1.14Gb 1.02 patch.

A 55Gb game is not good one for pre-load to fail :(

Well I thought it had, the 'application manager' said GTA @ 51gb but when I went to start the game it went to an installation screen...it still had ~6gb to d/l and for some reason it was really, really slow (and even stopping at times). I couldn't even play another game as it seemed if I did that the d/l stopped (tho it was hard to be 100% sure as it was so slow and was int stopping)

55GB? Really?! Damn, I desperately need a bigger HD. I guess that's one of the downfalls of going fully digital this generation. Seems like I will have to start deleting games I rarely play, as 1TB ssds are just still too expensive... :(

Well even the disks need installing this gen, the only reason I went digital was the cost was the same (to my pocket) and I knew I'd not want to sell it on. TBH I'd go 100% digital if the prices were better, I love not haveing to dig out the disk - just instantly play. I still like to own a product tho, and as such I treated myself to the steelbook to add to my collection :)

Back