GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

pre load has started :D !

Yeah mines about 9-10Gb in. I have a "rule" that I won't buy digitally anything over 25Gb because of the hassle of having to re-download it (18Mbps DSL) if I delete the game but I doubt I'll delete GTA V. For the past two generations (PS2, PS3, PSP/Vita) there's rarely a month gone by where I've not dipped into GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas (PS2), Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories (PSP, Vita) or GTA IV and GTA V (PS3).

Plus being able to have a full GTA experience on Vita for the first time without having to worry about what disc is in the PS4 back home is hugely appealing! GTA V! On Vita!! :D

Just found on GAF. First person hatchet attack. The Daily Mail will have a melt down.

9mb GIF ->
FragrantGentleIzuthrush.gif

EDIT: I just noticed that the guy's glasses fly off when attacked. Impressive attention to detail.

EDIT2: Actually the woman in the striped top; the way she sees the player with the axe, turns around alarmed, begins walking away while quickening her pace, glancing nervously back over her shoulder then takes off into a run is both brilliant behaviour and animation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suddenly, I don't want to do that ! It seems to real, the reactions! I am not a monster but now that I have seen this gif I will definitely try it out :p !

Suddenly, I don't want to do that ! It seems to real, the reactions! I am not a monster but now that I have seen this gif I will definitely try it out :p !

Aye, I've always played GTA while trying to keep the civilian casualties to a minimum but I think I am going to have a to chase a few people with the hatchet.

No harm no foul, right? :D I can't remember if there are vigilante missions in GTA V but if so, they're going to be so much fun in first person.

Aye, I've always played GTA while trying to keep the civilian casualties to a minimum but I think I am going to have a to chase a few people with the hatchet.

No harm no foul, right? :D I can't remember if there are vigilante missions in GTA V but if so, they're going to be so much fun in first person.
Nope there are none, thats what I don't like about gta V: A brilliant world but no systems to play with, no balances to be tipped, no legions to join and fight for ,etc. Its more of a sight seeing simulator.

Nope there are none, thats what I don't like about gta V: A brilliant world but no systems to play with, no balances to be tipped, no legions to join and fight for ,etc. Its more of a sight seeing simulator.

Ah right. I remember the bounty hunter missions but no police vigilante missions.

Just found on GAF. First person hatchet attack. The Daily Mail will have a melt down.

EDIT: I just noticed that the guy's glasses fly off when attacked. Impressive attention to detail.

EDIT2: Actually the woman in the striped top; the way she sees the player with the axe, turns around alarmed, begins walking away while quickening her pace, glancing nervously back over her shoulder then takes off into a run is both brilliant behaviour and animation.

Couldn't agree more, are we actually sure this is from the game? As you say the reactions and animation are insanely good if so.

Couldn't agree more, are we actually sure this is from the game? As you say the reactions and animation are insanely good if so.

It's either from the game or a very good fake given what you can see of the street. There's a bunch of GTA V streams on Live from PlayStation (the interface to people streaming on Twitch) now but I'm enthralled watching some guy play Alien Isolation :)

No it's definitely from the game. "BrainHunterFTW" is streaming his hatchet massacre now on Live From Station. Only 5,311 people watching it :-/

Caught someone streaming this last night (from the start) - for once a decent 'HD' full screen, ran really nicely and looked good (just watched the first mission)...I have to say I hardly noticed any frame-rate issues at all and overall it's much smoother...so hyped!

I guess the review embargo is over as VG247 are reporting on reviews as they are published.

Thus far we have:
Interesting that a few are "review in progress", almost as though Rockstar didn't make review copies available early enough, or perhaps some sites decided to revisit the entire game fresh rather than focus on what's changed.

EDIT: Yes, Kotaku's review says they've only been playing it this weekend and it very light on details but heavy on GIFs - including first person view of a prostitute in a car doing her thing. Really, Kotaku? :rolleyes:

EDIT2: IGN also say they only got their review copy "a day ago".

EDIT3: IGN report it's a 30 minute install from Blu-ray disc on PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back