GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Rockstar have confirmed:

Rockstar said:
Alongside the new First Person mode, Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC features hundreds of additions and enhancements including 1080p resolution at 30FPS on PS4 and Xbox One (4K compatible on PC).

Good job, Rockstar - 30fps @ 1080p on both consoles, upto 4k on PC! :yes: :runaway: :mrgreen:

Better have support for any aspect ratio on PC. If it's locked to 16:9 and have to end up waiting on hacks/patches etc. i'll..... what, not buy it? HAH

Hope it does support 21:9 properly though :)

Ugh, I thought it was going to be 60.... unless i was dreaming it. So it should be 20-30 variable just like PS360 versions. Very disappointing, driving and shooting was already bad enough @ sub 30.
Where are you getting sub-30 from? It looks like all major sites have spent a minimum of 2 hours with the game and none are reporting frame issues on the PS4 version.

I hope the PC GTA V edition supports CF/SLI configurations and hopefully do a better job with CPU multithreading.
Given we have six core consoles, I imagine overhauling RAGE for better multithreading was a priority and should carry across to the PC.

I really like the first person mode. Imagine how immersive to be in such a detailed open world. It's just a different experience and a great option. And on PC this means one really cool additional thing: Oculus Rift!

IGN says you can set it so that the ocntrols are exactly like a FPS or continue with the traditional GTA controls. Also, one can decide if one wants a complete FPS view or more like Rainbow six where u go into Third person when in cover ! Hell Yes ! Thats how one does it :D !

Also, ALL CARS,BIKES,PLANES have fully functional interiors and consoles :eek: ! wow, thats a LOT of work !

RS keeps redefining what is reasonable expected of a game developer. No one would have expected such a huge adition to an already ambitious next-gen port. These guys deserve all the love they get, and then some.

RS keeps redefining what is reasonable expected of a game developer. No one would have expected such a huge adition to an already ambitious next-gen port. These guys deserve all the love they get, and then some.

Yeah. I was expecting, and would have been happy with, first person view in cars like WATCH_DOGS. I have friends who are not into GTAS but are excited for this on PCI because of the first person.

I know Rockstar North are huge but that's still an impressive amount of work for a year. In one piece of coverage (I think IGN's video and C&VG's hour long discussion) they mention over 3,000 animations added just for first person gun reloading. That's just crazy. But good crazy :yes:

Damn..
I don't even..

How am I ever going to find the willpower to wait for a sale to play this game?!
Screw you Rockstar for being so awesome! Now of course you're going to have my money!

I think it's more of a case of other developers chasing after a quick buck. The kind of upgrade R* is doing to the game should be pretty much expected for a year old game that's being sold at full price once again. I mean half of Scotland is probably working on the damn thing.

Snippets from today's IGN article:

"I watch Franklin slide under the Zentorno’s scissor-door and into the brand-new, fully-modelled cabin. His hands clutch the wheel, the dash illuminates, and he peels onto the road. The headlamps highlight hanging fog wafting across sections of the street with a rolling glare as Franklin winds down into Vinewood."

"He looks down at a star on GTA V’s riff on the real-life Walk of Fame; the texture is clearly all-new and incredibly crisp. A pair of rats dart into sight and scurry away down the street."

“There’s something incredible about running around this world in first person, glancing down at Trevor’s hands, now your hands and seeing the tattoos, the dirt under his nails, putting on a pair of sunglasses and watching as the screen tints to match their colour, stealing a car, watching as your fingers hotwire it and then glance up and see the dash kick into life and the rev-counter jump as you floor it and the ABS light flicker on as you skid round corners."

"This will dive a little into the more technical areas, but we have a much improved screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) solution that gives us far more solidity than we had before. Most lights now have dynamic shadows, and there are modelled caustic spread patterns on car headlights and many of our placed lights – basically, this is the effect when light is refracted through another material, like water in a pool or in this case the glass in front of the bulb.

“Shadows now cast through the fog itself, so we see lovely shafts of light. Cutscene lighting and much of the city lighting was entirely redone. We have massively upgraded reflections – it’s especially noticeable with all the neon and building lights reflected in the cars at night.

“We have lots more volumetric fog going on, whether the atmospheric glow of building lights in the sky at night or the way the lights in general dissipate in foggy weather. When it begins to rain, these reflections are more noticeable in the puddles and the rain itself now refracts the light around it.”

Back