GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

The first person option has basically just sold me this game, which I shamefully missed the first time around. The videos in first person looks incredible. Considering this is a remaster, the amount of work they did on this is remarkable. They could have just slapped a 1080p/more detail/remake sticker on it and would still have sold a lot, but they went back and rebuilt it completely. That alone is worth the price, plus I haven't played a GTA game since GTA3 on PS2, so it's time to have a look :D

This game is going to be epic. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to play it twice though, once in first person and once in third. And as Arwin says, probably again in VR!

Seriously :

image_326392_full.jpg

image_326401_full.jpg

image_326397_full.jpg

The shaders are last gen, but WOW ! ! ! :p

Nope. From what IGN has reported (hands on play) the IQ is very clean on the PS4. Checkout their rewind theater, on hands on PS4 preview.

As for AA, hopefully something close to Infamous Second Son, or maybe 4x MSAA. But it doesn't seem like FXAA... thank God!

RS keeps redefining what is reasonable expected of a game developer. No one would have expected such a huge adition to an already ambitious next-gen port. These guys deserve all the love they get, and then some.

More like, the game sold 34 million so they can afford it. What else are 500-1000 people or whatever they have going to do? (Besides work on GTA 6 which I'm sure many are)

I hope they're working on another Red Dead Redemption right now, and all this work going into adding foliage and natural world lighting and animals is going to mean a super awesome game.

I hope they're working on another Red Dead Redemption right now, and all this work going into adding foliage and natural world lighting and animals is going to mean a super awesome game.

Rockstar North (Scotland, UK) do GTA, Rockstar San Diego (USA) do Red Dead Redemption and I hope they're knees deep into that now :yes:

Rockstar San Diego is also home to the RAGE Technology Group (their engine guys) and I think the amount of work that Rockstar North have managed to complete in 14 months is likely because San Diego had RAGE running like a dream on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One before the nextgen GTA V project even began.

I think a nextgen Red Dead game next year is exceedingly likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
rumor: the PC version will be messed-up by new DRM. So it will be double messed up.
1. steam drm
2. new drm.

Hopefully the DRM will be as kind as possible, or maybe this time, a DRM that stop punishing original game buyer (a man can dream right?).

EDIT:
a quick google for Denuvo DRM with Lords of the Fallen, it seems the DRM works well. It did not add other annoying stuff for original buyer.

EDIT2;
there some complains about the DRM making game crash but im not really sure its DRM fault or simply the game thats buggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though not a guy who plays many games on pc nowadays, I can't help but wonder the kinds of mods gta V will get to have once it gets released on pc. Not that I'll likely get to play them, but it does influence rockstar to some extent, and well, like anything, the industry as a whole at one point or another.
For exemple, san-andreas had already gotten an on-line mode before IV was released thanks to modders, IV was getting the super colorfull HDR pseudo-PhysicallyBased rendering style through ice enhancer and other mods, way before V got to be publicized and did just that same thing. Even V already had a hacked-in First Person mode done on 360 before rockstar anounced they were doing that officially (and much more polishedly).
And what a template of a game GTAV is for mods. It's one of the most feature rich and robust game engines one could think of, and historically one to get a lot of attention by the comunity, which leads to high quality endeavors. A SA on V's Rage Engine is a given.

Though not a guy who plays many games on pc nowadays, I can't help but wonder the kinds of mods gta V will get to have once it gets released on pc. Not that I'll likely get to play them, but it does influence rockstar to some extent, and well, like anything, the industry as a whole at one point or another.
For exemple, san-andreas had already gotten an on-line mode before IV was released thanks to modders, IV was getting the super colorfull HDR pseudo-PhysicallyBased rendering style through ice enhancer and other mods, way before V got to be publicized and did just that same thing. Even V already had a hacked-in First Person mode done on 360 before rockstar anounced they were doing that officially (and much more polishedly).
And what a template of a game GTAV is for mods. It's one of the most feature rich and robust game engines one could think of, and historically one to get a lot of attention by the comunity, which leads to high quality endeavors. A SA on V's Rage Engine is a given.

Let's just hope that a new drm system doesn't make it all to hard.

Back