GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

I'd like a territories system like GTA San Andrea and Vice City Stories but equally, for me there is little more enjoyable than cranking up a lvl 4 or 5 police wanted level and just trying to stay ahead of the cops :yes:

yeah, I want some kindof "take over control"stuff.
You can do both of those things in GTA V :???: Plus there's tennis and cycle races and other stuff I've forgotten.
What I was saying was that I don't care about Strip clubs (WTH, who runs after 3d pron :rolleyes:) or golf or tennis, I want real side missions like in other games. I want exploration to feel meaningful, I want those Dirt Bikes on hilltops to have actual rewards for coming downhill on full throttle. Stuff like that.

I just placed the pre-order, though as this, along with Mordor, still seems like the best distraction from Destiny simply cos the only problem with the previous gen-version was the IQ and that will be solved now. My only gripe is that the fun that one has in that world is not structured or recognised and rewarded by the game's systems.
The world is beautiful and this time I might actually complete the story and get into online. ALso, never tried the custom missions in online. But yes, the main draw is that beautiful world in its max possible glory. Same world with new PBR materials and GI would have been ecstasy but I guess we will have to wait for GTA 6 for that.

EDIT: More traffic isn't good for any game that requires a lot of driving/chasing during missions unless they readjust the missions for more traffic. Hope all goes fine !

EDIT: More traffic isn't good for any game that requires a lot of driving/chasing during missions unless they readjust the missions for more traffic. Hope all goes fine !

Increasing the traffic will make it trickier for all parties. The target you're chasing will have a harder time escaping. Pursuers will have a harder time keeping up.

Bikes will be more important than ever :yep2:

Details on exclusive content for returning GTAV players (PS4)

Sony's Euro PS4 blog has a bunch of new info on what the game on PS4 (and presumably Xbox One) offers over the original 360/PS3 games, if your upgrade from the old version.

The list is:

• Returning 'Dodo' sea plane (pic below)
  • Returning 'Imponte Duke o' Death' care (no idea what this is from!)
  • Murder Mystery - series of clues to follow that will "unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic."
  • New Weapons: Rail Gun (pic below) and Hatchet (axe).
  • Wildlife Photography Challenge (this was on the OPM article but I'd forgotten it). Shoot animals - with a camera :yes:
  • Stock Car Races - challenges with unlock able muscle cars (pic below)
  • Monkey Mosaics(!)
  • New vehicles like the Cheval Marshall (pic below)

Dodo sea plane:

15462566799_3224c62ba9_z.jpg

Imponte Duke o' Death car:

15463056278_7727220be9_z.jpg

Rail gun:

15650028652_d523cda875_z.jpg

Stock Car Races:

15029049063_94127371b0_z.jpg

Cheval Marshall car:

15029049103_34b6103565_z.jpg

No word on online heists?

My hope is that they don't make it mission based, but played on the free roam map. A bunch of emergent gameplay is possible.

No word on online heists?

My hope is that they don't make it mission based, but played on the free roam map. A bunch of emergent gameplay is possible.
The last I read the heist enhancements were due in patch 1.18 and that is/was expected this month, so any day now???

Very interested to see this running, it looks (tempered by the unfortunate existence of bullshots) quite the upgrade.

Very interested to see this running, it looks (tempered by the unfortunate existence of bullshots) quite the upgrade.

Ditto. The video they released at E3 said it was running on PS4 and that looked pretty good.

Just curious, but are we going to get any single player based DLC that's similar to ballad of gay tony or the lost and damned that was in GTA IV? It's really all I can think about since I've completed GTA V's campaign about 4 times now. lol

Just curious, but are we going to get any single player based DLC that's similar to ballad of gay tony or the lost and damned that was in GTA IV? It's really all I can think about since I've completed GTA V's campaign about 4 times now. lol

I did hear people talking about R* saying they have more planned for the Story of all 3 characters. I wish it was included in the ps4 version,though, not later.

As for heists, yes they mentioned in their press release that heists are coming ! THat would be fun to try , unless they dumb it down to just simple co-op missions.

So, was finally able to play GTA Online today and thi where all those side missions I wanted in the game are ! But its a perfect mess without friends, people killing each other for no damn reason. Turned out there is a "Solo" mode in "online" too (lol) and that let me try out races alone....and yes, this could be so cool with dedicated group of friends, just like Destiny, except casual. Wish it could let me do missions alone too.

Hey, Dsoup, we need to group up when GTA V hits man, cos this already looks next-gen on last gen hardware, except for the very low fps and blurred super blurred IQ. I think it will just blow away the competition.
and for ppl who weirdly believe resolution and fps don't matter, I think this will be a perfect showcase.

I hope no one uses it as it will be the death of the franchise for me if they decide this is how the next one should be.

I detest FPS games.

I hope no one uses it as it will be the death of the franchise for me if they decide this is how the next one should be.

I detest FPS games.

I can't see the future of GTA being first-person only. By having the option of both third or first person, the games are oing to appeal to a much wider audience. According to IGN you get a lot of options on how to configure the cameras in different circumstances or you can just ignore first person entirely.

And in case there was any doubt, from C&VG's coverage:

C&VG said:
Before you ask, it looks amazing. Magical, even. At times, with neon blazing over the storm-sodden Vinewood streets, puddles dancing with rain splats - as the full spectrum of PS4 particle effects and lighting coalesce - it looks like a tiny miracle: easily the best-looking new-gen game yet. At others, it's 'merely' impeccably high-res and comfortably familiar.

Awesome :yes:

Back