Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Oh my, oh my my:p those lighting do look very tasty indeed. Are the trees still 2d sprites tho? You'd think with 1.8 tf of power we should at least get actual geometry trees if not super detailed right?

this very recent video in Nurburgring is the most graphically spectacular I've seen on the game yet.

If you look closely at the trees on the right it is quite interesting to see how the lighting on the stems seems to pop-in.

While I must admit that this game looks to have the best graphics in any racing game ever, people must realise that GT games have many years of development time devoted to them. Forza needs to have a game almost every single year, even going as far as creating an extra entire studio to keep up.

So while GT might have the best graphics, between GT5 and now, MS has released:
-Forza 4
-Forza 5
-Forza 6
-Forza Horizon
-Forza Horizon 2
-Forza Horizon 3

I was told GT6 was only a few extra tracks and some cars (Forza has this as DLC!), so I wouldn't count that as a full game.

If Forza got 7 years to make a single game, it would also look great make no mistake about it.

GT sound has always been a weak point overall for having synthesized sound, poor gear shifting and tire squeal etc. But on the flip side, many games over-exaggerate car sounds and make them far more throaty than they are in real life. This gives the false illusion that GT sound is worse than it actually is, when in reality, sometimes the audio in GT is actually more true to life. Not saying that's always the case, but it is sometimes true.

IMO, GT Sport sounds more authentic than most racers. There is still some audio that seems to be re-used, such as replay audio when there are several cars on track. Cockpit audio and individual car audio sounds seem to be really good though IMO.

Also, no matter how much time or raw power other devs have, no one has been able to touch PD as far as their artists on the vehicles and lighting. GT has always been the most photorealistic game IMO. Other games still look 'gamey'.

As far as physics go, I haven't kept up with sims for a while. But from what I've read, Forza and GT are comparable, and PC sims (now on console) are still ahead. Remains to be seen how GT Sport turns out.

PD are king for the photorealistic look of the cars, lighting, replays, but i'd say they have been dethroned for the rest by forza and some other games, gameplay, physics, sounds.

Lol yeah that's the problem with the photorealistic approach , it will enhance 1000X all that doesn't work, proper reflection/refraction and collision bugs. I believe the AI pattern is acting so that cars don't bump into each other but as there seems not to be any damages it 's gonna impact realism. Same for the lights that doesn't reflect or bounce on other cars. Engine seems pretty solid but it's gonna be weird to see cars that still bump the " old school" way of previous GT in the series without proper damages etc.

Back