Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Judging by that video, and listening to an actual Challenger Hellcat, I think GT has a better cockpit sound, but Forza has a better exterior sound.

Both sound good though IMO.

Judging by that video, and listening to an actual Challenger Hellcat, I think GT has a better cockpit sound, but Forza has a better exterior sound.

Both sound good though IMO.
I think Forza wins either when it comes to interior sounds or exterior sound. However, I like the way GT5's car model looks --the rest of the graphics not so much, but I guess this game is being made for VR, so I think the trade-off is worth it, they don't look like Driveclub graphics but solid enough

Here's an actual Hellcat around the track:

GTS sounds a lot more accurate IMO.

As for the exterior audio, again, I think Forza sounds a bit better, but I dunno if it's actually accurate as I can't find HQ exterior audio clip on youtube. Plus I don't know what camera view they used. I'm assuming it's the angle they traditionally use in race games (elevated rear view).

edit: Here's the closest thing I could find (skip to 2:00). I actually think GTS is more accurate on both.

Last edited:
More like GTS vs Forza, amirite?

Really though, I don't see this escalating into a big debate.

I think the video Cyan posted demonstrates just how much the audio in GTS has improved. Hopefully the rest of the cars are just as good.

Did Digital Foundry write an article about classic Gran Turismo games? I didn't read them, because those are the GT games that I got to envy and admire. I also wonder if the famous flawless 60 fps of GT4 were also true or if it suffered from framerate drops.

On a different note, this video shows how is the sound of this game compared to Forza 6, although it's not from the final version.
I really prefer the GT sound in this video. But surprisingly they do sound very close.

And it just came up to me that nobody asked about car damage in GT Sports. Is it going to have it?
Will we ever see realistic car damage?

Funny that. They each managed to record the sounds of the same car and made it sound very similar.
Hah :LOL:
True

But to be honest it is not as simple as a simple recording. The sound needs to be synthesized so that it changes based on the different levels of rev and car behavior. They cant record every single bit of acceleration and attach it into the game.
They did use recording in previous GTs as well. If I am not mistaken they were recording the main engine directly (which misses all other sounds passing through the car) and it was later synthesized. This is one of the reasons I suspect why some of the cars sounded powerful while accelerating from a stop and once they reached higher cycles the engine sounds transformed into a more computerized vacuum sound

I think they actually ended up hiring a Forza guy? And damage won't be in for GT Sports if I recall correctly.

Very excited about my favorite rally surface returning by the way! I spent a lot of time racing that Grand Canyon track, best rally feeling in any game ever imho.

Last edited:
Graphics are ultra awesome. Sounds in these videos dont sound that great though
edit:
Just checked this video out of curiosity and I must say that neither does Forza 6 sounds all that realistic either in replays.
When I spectated real life racings the sounds of the cars were extremely wild and loud. I was wearing ear protection. I dont think there is a game that captured those sounds accurately.

Last edited:
Excellent visuals.

I still think that it is a shame they axed dynamic TOD and weather, and that effects such as DoF and motion blur are only present in the replays.

I think they actually ended up hiring a Forza guy? And damage won't be in for GT Sports if I recall correctly.

Very excited about my favorite rally surface returning by the way! I spent a lot of time racing that Grand Canyon track, best rally feeling in any game ever imho.
Pretty sure that at the initial unveiling Kaz told that they had already a damage system implemented in the game but it was disactivated for demoing reason. No idea if he meant visual damage, some sort of performance penality on the cars or what else

Back