Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

If they throw in too many "goofy" modes it becomes like Unreal Tournament on PC became, so watered down it loses any uniqueness.

The game is gold already.

DSC_0123-1024x679.jpg

Epic people are fine:

Believe it or not, I completed Gears of War 2 yesterday. I bought it on Games on Demand section months ago.

Rod and Cliff's man-love only continues to grow :p >>http://i55.tinypic.com/nq70ub.jpg

Side note, I used to follow Cliff on twitter, I used to be a fan, thinking his bad rep was a by product of fanboyism. I was wrong, I learned from his incessant tweets the guy is a genuinely obnoxious human being :p

Last edited by a moderator:
He clutters ur twitter to the point where u just unfollow him. David Jaffe is one step further, though. He can make u unfollow him in a day :LOL: !!

For an unreal engine 3 game, it does look rather good. But :no: at the new alpha resolution, when they shoot the enemies which explode into hundreds, no sorry, tens, no sorry i mean, a few 'goo' sprites, you can really see that the resolution of the sprites is really low res. Can anybody make a screenshot of this?

For an unreal engine 3 game, it does look rather good. But :no: at the new alpha resolution, when they shoot the enemies which explode into hundreds, no sorry, tens, no sorry i mean, a few 'goo' sprites, you can really see that the resolution of the sprites is really low res. Can anybody make a screenshot of this?
Its been like that for the whole gen,but majority of people rarely notice it anyway.

Yeah, they fix the edge issue quite well for when you walk through those smoke bomb clouds. I can't see the point in complaining about momentary effects such as blood.

Hanover Gameplay 1

Hanover Gameplay 2

Raven Gameplay

Great looking vids from the campaign. Enjoy! :cool:
I have recently completed Gears of War 2 and I am currently playing the campaign again in co-op mode with a girlfriend and, after watching those videos (I highly recommend watching them at 720p and full screen, because at 360p you can't see the improvements so well), I am amazed at how much the graphics have improved for this sequel.

It seems like the game is using a very different, more vibrant illumination --I can't remember the name of the term. Gears 2 stays fresh in my memory and I wasn't expecting such a notorious enhancement.

Gears 1 was stunning back in the day, but technically this one is a lot better. Epic certainly didn't let all the typical Gears of War goodness go to waste, and even they improved on it.

No sign of any form of AA at least from what I can tell as these videos are not the best quality-wise...Al has found that in the campaign trailer there was some sort of edge smoothing so maybe they have an AA solution only in the SP.

Either way the game looks freakin' amazing and the new additions/changes to the maps look great - already have my Limited Edition pre-ordered. :D

The new Gridlock looks pretty cool.

already have my Limited Edition pre-ordered.

I never pre-order because that prevents the old "midnight pick up at Wal Mart".

Or at least the old "2 AM pickup" because Gamestop may do midnight launches but they close shortly after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I really want this game but it means buying an Xbox argh...oh well just gotta convince the wife!

Buy her Viva Piniata :D

Game looks great. Pretty substantial upgrade over GoW2 both visually and in terms of gameplay across all modes. I love that every weapon you pick up in horde has a cost now; hopefully it's well balanced and leads to some interesting "economic" choices further on. The overall complexity of that mode with fortifications, bosses, weapon swaps and other stuff guarantees that I will spend months playing this. Horde in GoW2 was a blast but it did get tedious after a while.
Also happy to see changes to the map that were available in the beta, they're pretty significant. Looks like Trenches will play completely different right now.
Also, judging by the videos from the leaked version, there are still not officialy showing the map that looks the best IMO (Azura).

Back