Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

Well maybe its implanted for PC version and not console version.Than again Dontnod entertainment only works on PS360 game.Hope they implant FXAA3,just tone down blur a bit,even if it doesn't give per pixel results as good as more blurred "approach".

Isn't it a bit too late to implement a feature like that? Would be nice though, and the beta was already pretty good in terms of image quality.

Isn't it a bit too late to implement a feature like that? Would be nice though, and the beta was already pretty good in terms of image quality.
Well,if they added it last month than I don't think its late.Its a shader that is very easily implanted in game(judging by developers experience),in couple of hours.And cost of 0.8-1ms shouldn't bring frame rate down more than .5fps and locked 30fps games tend to run faster than than 30fps anyway.

That sounds promising. Still, I had no problems with iq as it was in the beta, so hopefully if it's implemented it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the game...

Well, if they do end up using it, I hope the blur isn't too much.

could you explain to me in a few simple words how fxaa3 affects the overall image quality or send me to some good thread or article about it ?

EDIT: ok nevermind I have found it :p

I really don't know about FXAA at this stage, if anything Fear3 comparison proves 2XMSAA is still better than FXAA, the blurriness caused by the latter still gets in the way.

I really don't know about FXAA at this stage, if anything Fear3 comparison proves 2XMSAA is still better than FXAA, the blurriness caused by the latter still gets in the way.
I guess it depends on implantation.FXAA in Brink was great.
Brink.png

MSAA is pretty broken in Fear 3. Not sure what you're talking about... Obviously when it works, more samples are better, but it's always trade-offs. Anyways, this isn't the thread to be discussing FXAA merits.

Game looks simply amazing...but there is no sign of FXAA as far as I can tell, they will probably stick with their no AA at all choice.

Also hearing that this is the biggest campaign Epic created in the franchise is great news, hopefully it will be a blast from start to finish.
That was probably filmed some time ago,not to long but not exactly this week I would guess.Still,that doesn't mean it will have it,just sayin.

Also hearing that this is the biggest campaign Epic created in the franchise is great news, hopefully it will be a blast from start to finish.

At E3, I heard something about certain gameplay portions being exclusive to 4-player co-op as well...

At E3, I heard something about certain gameplay portions being exclusive to 4-player co-op as well...

Well that sounds awesome as does the arcade/score attack version of the campaign which IIRC will not have cut-scenes...can't wait to play the game with three other friends. :D

That was probably filmed some time ago,not to long but not exactly this week I would guess.Still,that doesn't mean it will have it,just sayin.

You're probably right about the footage not being that new, I'm just wondering if we can ask someone in Twitter about this and hopefully learn their plans.

Wonder when they'll tell us more about the mutators & arcade mode. Big head mode should be quite a laugh.

Back