Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

That game I want!! I will buy the limited edition with the Marcus statue!
I want it that much

Probably just a case of unfinished vs finished. Also note how the helicopter exhaust has significantly more polys in the second pic.

What are the sources for these captures?
The one that looks better is from pre E3 trailer I think,the other one is from leaked game(it was just leaked yesterday,I think thats build from march 2011).

Are there any details about the nature of the leaked version? I heard it was missing a few levels and was buggy. It sounds like a really old copy.

it must be pretty old built,sound in cut scences is out of sync and they are unfinished(a lot of clipping,weird camera changes etc.),there is a lot of placeholders in menus and I think in animations too,missing textures even on maps from beta,significant game freezes at checkpoints and a lot of different smaller bugs and glitches.
and all this in 14 minuts of campaing gameplay from youtube.

Are there any details about the nature of the leaked version? I heard it was missing a few levels and was buggy. It sounds like a really old copy.
Not much,but it was probably stole at E3 where entire game was on disk or HDD,there was the exact same leak from E3,campaign and couple of maps.

I just watched 2nd part of campaign video and compared one scene to the same scene from trailer,close up.Marcus headwrap is much more detailed,and textures on his armor are considerably sharper.Don't know whats the deal with that,but thats how it is.

I can't wait for this game. It's shaping up to be what Halo Reach was for console first person shooters. Meaty campaign mode with lots of replayability; additional, fully fleshed out modes (horde mode looks crazy fun); amazing multiplayer (loved the beta); co-op everyywheeeere; new characters (GoW2 was a bit lacking in this regard)... All this served with amazing visuals/production values. Epic seems to be going all out with this one, it didn't really feel like that with GoW2.

Yeah the lighting in the leaked build looks worse compared to what we have seen both in the latest trailer and in the beta. Not sure if the final version will look good enough to impress those-who-are-hard-to-impress, but it will definitely look better.

Hmm... I dunno, the lighting really looks cool in the leaked campaign footage on youtube ! After a long time I am feeling the urge to play a Gears game. Looks really cool.

Back