Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

I always thought Bulletstorm is what Gears 3 would look like in first person, the latter probably has slightly better textures.

They do look very similar. Bulletstorm is a very graphically accomplished game and has some great set pieces. I don't think we'll see much better from the U3 engine this generation.

They do look very similar. Bulletstorm is a very graphically accomplished game and has some great set pieces. I don't think we'll see much better from the U3 engine this generation.
I read from somewhere that Bulletstorm actually uses HDR compared to Gears3's FP10.

Well, who knows how long this generation still lasts ? ;)

But yeah, the state of the UE3 seems pretty similar between EU3 and Bulletstorm, though who knows what the Gears art-team managed to make it look like in single player ...

That doesnt mean they didnt optimize it to the fullest potential and with different approach on graphics and art ;)

Exactly. From what I've seen of the game and based on my playthrough of Bulletstorm, I find Gears 3 much more impressive, the lighting is more impressive here, and this is just the mp. Really looking forward to the SP.

I always thought Bulletstorm is what Gears 3 would look like in first person, the latter probably has slightly better textures.

Nah, Bulletstorm was limited by the PS3 SKU. Gears 3 is 360 exclusive so they dont need to comply to common denominator.

True story.

Game looks amazing..

But they've seemingly downgraded asset quality in a few places. Noticeably the Gnasher textures look far lower rez in the beta than they do in Gears 2.

Back