Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

hm... so the beta isn't going to be available on Marketplace? Lame... :/ Oh well, I probably would have only played a couple matches just like with the Reach beta considering it's competitive MP.

Hate it when downgrade like this happen, Epic can never live up to their bullshots can they?
24ewfbk.jpg

huh? The center score board has a lot more detail in the second shot, there's more of the fog giving depth to the scene... only things that seem changed are the colours.

I'm WAY more interested in the 4 player co-op for Gears 3, but I'll play around with the beta to see how much the dedicated servers help.

They probably still use the 7e3/FP10 format.

OT but didn't ATI try to pass off FP10 as a cheaper but comparable alternative option to FP16? I thought I remember rumors/claims of ATI using FP10 in benchmarks instead of FP16 and that was the reason behind the better performance (at the time).

hm... so the beta isn't going to be available on Marketplace? Lame... :/ Oh well, I probably would have only played a couple matches just like with the Reach beta considering it's competitive MP.

The beta should be available today for those who got their code through the ExpertZone. Bulletstorm beta users can join in on Monday, while the rest wait for the following Friday I believe.

I'll echo AlStrong here.

huh?

It's the exact same scene and scene complexity only viewed from a different angle with some post processing added in the second picture.

Everything from the first picture exists in the second picture although some textures appear to have been changed here and there.

Regards,
SB

Everything from the first picture exists in the second picture although some textures appear to have been changed here and there.

Performance advantage to using fewer colours! :p

mmm... would love to check it out in more detail. The shadows cast onto Marcus at the start seem decent. The smoke & geometry intersection @3:45 is pretty nice.

The thing that impresses me the most is how good those textures look(especially on trenches and old town) and quality of assets.There are some small details that bring it up a notch that weren't there last time Epic made gears game:smile:

huh? The center score board has a lot more detail in the second shot, there's more of the fog giving depth to the scene... only things that seem changed are the colours.

I like the second better because of the fog, looks more realistic with more depth and makes the environment seem much bigger not to mention more immersive.

Huge step up in lighting department compared to previous Gears games + cascade shadows (I really hate baked shadows in some current gen games). I like it :)

Hate it when downgrade like this happen, Epic can never live up to their bullshots can they? http://i54.tinypic.com/24ewfbk.jpg

The second pic looks better like it got more PP. I take it is non BS shot as it has aliasing. Really close looks though between both, might be the closest to BS for a console game come at me fans :p. Also compress it som more son, 263k for 1280x1440... lolwut!

Back