Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

nah that'll be codename kingdoms :p

gears 3 is still on a multiplatform engine after all..

But I think Gears 3 looks really nice.

Multiplatform engine but not multiplatform game.

Cant they optimize the engine further to the 360's hardware capabilities and features? Like modify the engine to the 360's specificities?

Thats the impression I got from one of the interviews with Epic. They said that they optimized it so well that they are getting a lot more out of it

A lot of the work Epic does for UE3 will be about what they need for the game's own development. I would think optimization is part of that.

is there OMB in Gears 3 or I seeing things ?

Seems like it.
Almost done uploading some screens i took from the unedited press material
Dont laugh bad photographer.:rolleyes:
Someone knows a better place to get better upload quality.

Love this gif thanks gaf
205ze3k.jpg

gears8.png

gears6.png

More in the spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:
They've always had OMB and CMB in UE3.0 via their velocity buffer, but they also have the ability to mask out objects or tweak what objects are sensitive to motion blur.

looks beautiful and like it may be a little quicker

Is it just me or are lighting and effects substantially improved over 2?

looks beautiful and like it may be a little quicker

Is it just me or are lighting and effects substantially improved over 2?

No its not just you, I've always thought that GOW3 looks fantastic but playing GOW2 the other day just made the difference even more evident.

Not sure what to think of the teletubby colour palette though. I loved the first one for it beeing.. grey. The second one got a little more colour, but it was oke. The third one... while it does look great, I'll miss the lack of colour :p

Looks fantastic, gameplay looks better than Gears 2 as well, I always thought Gears was the best playing third person shooter out there - I like the bayonet charge ability.

Gears is just a fantastic game.. It's one of the few titles that I will hold onto for years until the next one pops out. It just never gets old..

It's so original. It just stands apart from everything else in how it plays and the aesthetic.. The fact that that it looks great and has the most rewarding ways to kill people is obviously part of the appeal lol. Gore for the win!

Back