Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

Huh...I have seen someone posting this shots on other forum with nick "gpu *something*" claiming he owned 360 fans and Gears 3 is flopping in gfx department.I don't know if thats you but it would be smart to edit the description because this are not direct feed shots,those screen caps taken from not long ago released video of Gears 3 mp.

All this is getting tad embarrassing lately,really:rolleyes:

I dont know who says that Gears 3 doesnt look good, but he is obviously smoking crack or something because thats probably one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen and could even make Uncharted 3 run for its money

Niiiiiice :smile:

If only they could tweak contrast a bit so it looks closer to this.I'm not fan of "muted" lighting like Forza 3 for example.

God how much I love playing Gears MP, that video reminded me of the days when I used to spend countless hours playing Gears with friends.

God how much I love playing Gears MP, that video reminded me of the days when I used to spend countless hours playing Gears with friends.

yes lets hope Gears 3 will be as good as Gears 1
I still play Gears 1 quite often and it's still fun.
Gears 2 multiplayer on the other hand was IMO really bad,my biggest disappointment this generation.
Campaign was quite good but not as moody as first game.

got my beta code with me pre-order can not wait...

some of Crysis 2 set pieces remind me a bit of Gears so with the new lighting and effects, I'm interested to see how close to that eye candy epic can come. :p

Cmon...you can even pick up dudes arm and beat him to death with it.Thats just morbid :devilish: By that I mean it looks as sick as sick can be,in a good way.Cant wait!

Cmon...you can even pick up dudes arm and beat him to death with it.Thats just morbid :devilish: By that I mean it looks as sick as sick can be,in a good way.Cant wait!

It seems like I recall Epic for years mentioning the "tearing limb off and beating" thing as an example of "going too far" with the violence, something they didn't want to do.

Now all the sudden it's in there :LOL:

I dont think it's going too far, fits in about right with the Gears violence.

Gears 1 is the only MP I spent more than passing time with this generation.

Personally I just think Gears 2 was a step down in almost all respects, but Gears 3 looks like back to form. They've even talked a lot about going back to Gears 1 style in interviews. 2 was too many set pieces, too much on rails, too much scripting, they clearly recognize that. For me Gears is always at its best when it's you in a courtyard, running low on ammo, with two boomers bearing down on you. Those are magical moments. Gears needs to be about courtyards, enemies and weapons not scripted pieces imo.

I popped Gears 1 in the other day to check out the graphics. It looks pretty spartan now in terms of shaders and detail. The back of Marcus head looks really bad too in that down the rifle view. Lots of just ugly there. Gears 3 looks much better. OTOH the detailed enemy character models and ragdoll animation when they get peppered with bullets still look good in Gears 1 even today.

Gears 1 is the only MP I spent more than passing time with this generation.

Personally I just think Gears 2 was a step down in almost all respects, but Gears 3 looks like back to form. They've even talked a lot about going back to Gears 1 style in interviews. 2 was too many set pieces, too much on rails, too much scripting, they clearly recognize that. For me Gears is always at its best when it's you in a courtyard, running low on ammo, with two boomers bearing down on you. Those are magical moments. Gears needs to be about courtyards, enemies and weapons not scripted pieces imo.

I popped Gears 1 in the other day to check out the graphics. It looks pretty spartan now in terms of shaders and detail. The back of Marcus head looks really bad too in that down the rifle view. Lots of just ugly there. Gears 3 looks much better. OTOH the detailed enemy character models and ragdoll animation when they get peppered with bullets still look good in Gears 1 even today.

I wish they had a classic mode with all the old maps.

It does indeed look epic. I may have to get an xbox now just for that game alone. 2 problems I refuse to pay for multiplayer ie Xbox Live. And also playing with a gamepad is just no fun! I am gonna sound like a broken record but bring it out for the PC damnit!!!!!!

Back