Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

excellent... chainsaw stab while he's on the ground. XD The silver/red theron guard skin looks pretty nice early on. Heh... football themed finisher.. Characters look hot. Anya :love:Finally... more customization. Not sure I understand what he meant by first unlocking special customizations and then playing more to keep them???

excellent... chainsaw stab while he's on the ground. XD The silver/red theron guard skin looks pretty nice early on. Heh... football themed finisher.. Characters look hot. Anya :love:Finally... more customization. Not sure I understand what he meant by first unlocking special customizations and then playing more to keep them???

Unlock them in the beta then you need to play more and get certain amount of x things done to keep them in the real game.

From that article...

For those looking to run around in Cole's thrashball outfit, it can also be yours to own when the retail game comes out if you play 83 matches (70 to unlock, 13 more for yours to keep).

So in that example 70 matches to unlock it in BETA with another 13 required in order to keep it for retail release.

Regards,
SB

Just rewatched the gamestop video and saw someone rush in like a bull(retro lancer) and the enemy sidestepped him then grenade tagged him. At the 4:20 min mark.

And dedicated servers.

heh, I wonder how smooth the transition for that will be during gameplay. I know my timing is gonna be bollocks, so maybe there's a small window where you can hold the frag-tag and it does it.

hm... I wonder if they're tightening up on the physics so characters have actually weight when they die. The animation at 2:10 made it look like that.

Lookin' good. Something about horde just works better than the similar modes other games have tried to implement. Maybe it's because of the cover mechanic, and the variety of weapons and enemies. Looking forward to a new edition of horde.

Not sure how I feel about the new stuff, things were fine how they were they just needed to clean up the lag. I hope they have a classic mode with the old maps...that would be nice.

Yeah, it seems really bizarre that the previews mention only "6 maps in the final" considering Gears 2 had about 10 to start, 5 free classic maps for new purchases, then the 14 DLC maps later on. I wonder if they're cramming more SP content onto the single disc, thus limiting space, and so instead of manufacturing disc 2, they can do a redeemable DLC code as an inccentive to buy the game new. Afterall, it's an online portion, so making people d/l doesn't seem too bad (unless you have next-to-nothing with HDD, but I suppose that's your reason to upgrade and feed their coffers, but I digress). :p

What I really want to know right now is what their limited/special edition offerings will be... and what content you'll unlock via linked achievements just like with the classic characters from Gears 1 in Gears 2 MP. The return of Gears 1 & 2 dead characters seems agiven. Maybe that will also extend to the classic armour for the living characters. I sure wouldn't mind a pimping art book that covers the three games.

Not sure how I feel about the new stuff, things were fine how they were they just needed to clean up the lag. I hope they have a classic mode with the old maps...that would be nice.

Seems like they are going back to the gears 1 character movement speed.
Dedicated server are hopefully enough to keep this game going for years.
Dont know if they mean with new modes that the old ones are deleted.

Some folks have digged up some info about gears campaign acts and multiplayer level on the bulletstorm disk.
Could be false info.
Multiplayer Levels
http://www.gearsofwar3source.com/multiplayermaps.php
Campaign Acts, chapters and levels
http://www.gearsofwar3source.com/campaign.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Gears 2 has been pretty lag-free ever since Title Update 6. I'll probably start playing it again for old time's sake.

Seems like they are going back to the gears 1 character movement speed.
Dedicated server are hopefully enough to keep this game going for years.
Dont know if they mean with new modes that the old ones are deleted.

Some folks have digged up some info about gears campaign acts and multiplayer level on the bulletstorm disk.
Could be false info.
Multiplayer Levels
http://www.gearsofwar3source.com/multiplayermaps.php
Campaign Acts, chapters and levels
http://www.gearsofwar3source.com/campaign.php

They went too extreme with some of the special moves...Bulletstorm is out for that.

Well, Gears 2 has been pretty lag-free ever since Title Update 6. I'll probably start playing it again for old time's sake.

Its been a while since I've played(no longer have Gold). But I played at least a year after release and it was still a problem.

Played the last month no fun when your from europe atleast the Team deathmatch was laggy as shit and i considered nobody was really playing it in europe anymore. Maybe i should give it a try this weekend heard it 28xBonus experience because Mark Rein lost 28 pounds.:LOL:

Edit:Got this link from gaf its the unedited press footage.
126mb for 1:16sec
http://edelman.psni.com/public/Febr...War 3/Broll/Gears3_MultiplayerBeta_021411.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 purchase for me. I am sure its going to be a real showcase of what the 360 can REALLY do! And I really want to see what it can REALLY do!

Day 1 purchase for me. I am sure its going to be a real showcase of what the 360 can REALLY do! And I really want to see what it can REALLY do!

nah that'll be codename kingdoms :p

gears 3 is still on a multiplatform engine after all..

But I think Gears 3 looks really nice.

Back