Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

Dont know wasn't it suppose to come out this november?

I always thought gears and halo were one a switch one year we get a halo and the next year gears and so on.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but we got a halo this year.

Dont know wasn't it suppose to come out this november?

I always thought gears and halo were one a switch one year we get a halo and the next year gears and so on.

Well I was somebody that posted that idea a lot but, last year we got ODST and this year Reach so...

Gears 3 was never originally delayed that I know of. It's first announcement was for April 11.

I think i got the idea because microsoft has that kind of habit of announce games 1 year or less before release. Wasn't Gears 2 announced GDC 2008 and came out november 2008.

They claim it's for business purposes and not because they need more time to polish the experience. I think it's a bit of both. Hopefully they'll be able to add more to the game after being inspired by what Halo: Reach is able to pull off game-play wise. The business decision side might be to prevent them competing with their own Bulletstorm game. Before the delay, the two would have been releasing within a month of each other; probably not a good idea to have such similar style games release at the same time.

Seeing how much fun Reach is and will be for a some time, I'm cool with Fall 2011 to wait and see if I can get into Gears MP. I ignored the Gears1 MP and Gears 2 was quite a disaster for some time.

I can't access the site from work so maybe they explain it in the article but why do we need host migration if we have dedicated servers? Maybe for private matches?

The dedicated servers and public beta are the two big wins in my book.

I can't access the site from work so maybe they explain it in the article but why do we need host migration if we have dedicated servers? Maybe for private matches?

The dedicated servers and public beta are the two big wins in my book.

I think its probably for horde(Maybe social matches)mode and coop campaign where timing isn't that important anyway.
Just like in Halo Reach where they use a shitty netcode for firefigh.
A big win a lot fan wanted was faster gameplay.

Interesting... iron sights on the hammer burst in the first vid. heh, and Batman vision too? AND a pink lancer!

Interesting... iron sights on the hammer burst in the first vid. heh, and Batman vision too? AND a pink lancer!

Batman vision is only in one game mode and in that game mode only one player has it. The game mode is called Capture the leader.
For starters, Guardian and Submission have been merged into a single mode called Capture the Leader. At the beginning of each round in this mode, each team is assigned a leader, and your mission is to grab the enemy's leader and hold him or her for 30 seconds. There are no capture points, just you and your captive as the clock ticks down. As an added twist, the captive has the opportunity to struggle every few seconds by tapping the B button. Time it right and you could throw off your captor's aim at a critical moment, or, if he's already wounded, do just enough damage to break free. In Capture the Leader, leaders also have enhanced tactical/communications capabilities that allow them to see enemy positions by holding down the left bumper.

Saw the video. That looks like a lot of fun and looks just great throughout. I assume beta will be part of BulletStorm which mean I'll get Bulletstorm.

More than any game features or modes, I'm more interested in knowing the technical advancements/improvements made to UE3 for Gears 3. I know about the new lighting and vegetation rendering, but there has to be more improvements to make Gears 3 look so good.

I think its probably for horde(Maybe social matches)mode and coop campaign where timing isn't that important anyway.
Just like in Halo Reach where they use a shitty netcode for firefigh.
A big win a lot fan wanted was faster gameplay.

IIRC the netcode used for MP and co-op game modes use entirely different types of code due to the use of AI in one and not in the other.

I haven't had any issues in FF or campaign, though I tend to play with people close enough to me that latency isn't much of an issue.

Regarding the host migration, I think it's probably just the host of the party.

Not a fan of the batman vision TBH, happy it's only in one mode.

Saw the video. That looks like a lot of fun and looks just great throughout. I assume beta will be part of BulletStorm which mean I'll get Bulletstorm.

Highly doubt the beta would have anything to do with Bulletstorm since Bulletstorm is published by EA thus having very little reason to help out a game being published by Microsoft.

Gears 3 will have dedicated servers
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1126271p1.html

The Hotness

Dedicated Servers
Host Migration

Cloud-based profiles
Persistent parties
Public Beta in 2011

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1126271p1.html#ixzz11gC5Bjcy

Uh huh ? :rolleyes:
Host Migration in dedicates servers ? how is it a dedicated server if the game's hosted on one of the client's machine ?

Also I don't understand why people think dedicated servers mean end of all problems, if the netcode is shitty then it'll be a lag feast regardless of it running on dedicated servers. But if the netcode is good then it'll be a smooth experience even if its P2P based (like Halo)

Highly doubt the beta would have anything to do with Bulletstorm since Bulletstorm is published by EA thus having very little reason to help out a game being published by Microsoft.

well, they'd at least have the technical data for engine purposes...

If Microsoft was smart they put the beta with a new ip just like Halo 3 beta sold crackdown. And now that crackdown franchise had a following 2 sold pretty well.

If the cryteck ip is done before this summer i would it a nice incentive to make the gears fans buy it. Off course we still have some other studio's working on title that still have to release their first game. I believe Firebird studio is made to push 360 graphics.

And Gears 2 netcode is oke now but dedicated servers is always a good now i hope epic will place some server farms in london en amsterdam.
inbe4 beta with kinect purchase.:LOL:

Back