Frame Rate Analysis Thread (Simple Rules Post #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres FR problems on both, but the ps3 version is a little worse (according to IGN).

no, not on my 360 version (release not demo) there is not. according to most PS3 reviews it is the one with the fr problems as well as more aliasing. which should not be surprising considering they took a year to get to 60fps and two years on Madden NHL and NCAA compared to when they had 360 versions running at 60fps.

/off topic

no, not on my 360 version (release not demo) there is not. according to most PS3 reviews it is the one with the fr problems as well as more aliasing. which should not be surprising considering they took a year to get to 60fps and two years on Madden NHL and NCAA compared to when they had 360 versions running at 60fps.

/off topic
dude... you're getting a little OT, don't you think? this isn't a VS thread. all i said was NBA Live 08 was 60fps, then you bring up all this irrelevant info like the PS3 version has FR problems, and is more aliased? :???: ok, but that doesn't take away from the fact that its target is 60fps. and although i noticed framerate dips in the demo (PS3), it wasn't a problem. and if a reviewer says both versions have framerate drops, i'm willing to believe him.

edit: ok, now i see the /off topic. :smile: but was that really necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
what misinformation?

that the 360 versions fumbles 60fps frame rate. I own the retail game and it does not.

It is related to the frame rate question specifically posed by deepbrown as to "what PS3/360 games run at 60fps."

AFAIK for 360 off top of head...

Madden 08, NBA Live 08, NHL 08, Fifa 08, DMC4, NG2, PGR4, Forza 2, CoD2, CoD4, NBA 2k7, 2k8, NHL 2k7, 2k8, some tennis and fighting games I believe also...

that the 360 versions fumbles 60fps frame rate. I own the retail game and it does not.

It is related to the frame rate question specifically posed by deepbrown as to "what PS3/360 games run at 60fps."

AFAIK for 360 off top of head...

Madden 08, NBA Live 08, NHL 08, Fifa 08, DMC4, NG2, PGR4, Forza 2, CoD2, CoD4, NBA 2k7, 2k8, NHL 2k7, 2k8, some tennis and fighting games I believe also...
I thought Forza 2 was 30fps.

RR7 is an interesting game in that its replay feature allows you to measure the exact same video at both 720p and 1080p. If I wasn't so completely snowed under with work I'd be doing more tests.

If memory serves, it drops (more) frames at 1080p, but overall it is indeed still what you would call a 60fps experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back