Stranger of Paradise: [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Dr. Nick

Veteran
This game is now infamous. I'm surprised that there was not a thread related to it already.

The 2nd "demo" "trail" "beta" whatever you want to call it is now live on both the PlayStation and Xbox platforms.

Favor Resolution Mode:
Favor Performance Mode:

Here is a Frame Rate Analysis video that I put together using teardrop. No audio. Let me know if you don't think that the graph is returning the correct data. Captured on the Xbox Series X. This video is unlisted, so you can only get to it with a link.

I'm personally not feeling this to the game as, in my opinion, it kind of looks like a supped-up Xbox 360/PS3 title, but I did want to talk about the title a little bit. I found the graphics to be a bit jarring. While I know most youtube videos don't do games justice, this one is not that far off. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely beyond the Xbox 360 and PS3, but... I'll let you decide.

The combat in this game feels good, even though I'm unsure if the Souls-like gameplay is for me. I'm sure there was a time when I would have eaten this type of gameplay up, but I think that time has passed for me.

Edit: I had to redo the video. Hopefully better results this time.

Last edited:
I played in performance mode on XSS

* visuals looks dated as heck, low image quality
* very bad frame pacing despite the game almost always 60 fps

The whole gameplay also felt archaic and clunky

Yeah that looks exactly like a ps3 game, and its sub 30fps to boot, that requires so impressive work to pull off :LOL:

Are those frame-time spikes real in the resolution mode? This is borderline unplayable stuff and all that while looking like a high resolution PS3 game. Seriously that mode shouldn't exist.

Edit:
Ok I got figured out that even while I reset everything back to default and clearly says performance, Resolution mode was still selected during the recording so that is why I was still getting video in the 30s. I am going to disable the resolution mode video and try the performance mode video again tomorrow. Tonight I can upload a comparison video of Gears 5, Metal Gear V and this game running to compare it with other 60 FPS games just to verify that I am capturing at 60 fps.

Last edited:
It's the Nioh engine so I doubt its going to impress anyone. Nioh always looked like a PS3 game to me, but the art direction helped it. Performance mode on PS5 is super unstable, but in Nioh 2 its very good so I expect it to be the same for the final release.

It's the Nioh engine so I doubt its going to impress anyone. Nioh always looked like a PS3 game to me, but the art direction helped it. Performance mode on PS5 is super unstable, but in Nioh 2 its very good so I expect it to be the same for the final release.
Oh god the Nioh engine?? Why would anyone want to use that? Loved both games, played them to death, but that engine... *shivers*

Oh god the Nioh engine?? Why would anyone want to use that? Loved both games, played them to death, but that engine... *shivers*

Maybe it's being developed in a BDSM house and they are all masochists?

But what do I know? All I remember from the reveal was: Chaos! Blah blah chaos blah bla choas. Blah blah CHAOOSSSSS! Blah Chaos blah blah chaos. Chaos blah blah blah...

Regards,
SB

Maybe it's being developed in a BDSM house and they are all masochists?

But what do I know? All I remember from the reveal was: Chaos! Blah blah chaos blah bla choas. Blah blah CHAOOSSSSS! Blah Chaos blah blah chaos. Chaos blah blah blah...

Regards,
SB

Its the cry of help from the game dev that were in chaos working with an unwieldy engine full of chaos bringing chaos into their work and resulting in a game that's not just full of visual chaos but also story chaos and chaos as boss

The trial period for this game has ended. If you have played the game please fill out the survey and give them honest feedback.

Back