Formula 1 - 2013 Season

I don't think Seb is silly. Only the losers are. It is like risk wins- risk loses and Fernandinho has always been on the losers side. :LOL:
This same thing happened in Turkey 2010 where the team told Webbo to turn down the engine only to have Seb come at him severely.

Basically Mark can't trust the team ever again

Edit: Btw, who is Fernandinho?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the feeling the gloves are off at Red Bull for the remainder of the season. That one could get messy, hopefully.

Alonso/Ferrari are just...dear oh dear.

They don't make a mistake like fueling too little, Hamilton just ran too long with max fuel settings and had to start saving the fuel, while Rosberg didn't.

How do you know this? Or you are guessing? Rosberg was beginning to embarrass Mercedes with his radio chatter and back talk - if he had any balls he would have done a Vettel (sorry I misunderstood the team order) on Hamilton instead of whining.

And Rosberg owes the resurgence of Mercedes fortunes to Hamilton in many ways - ask the engineers and the team how much of an effect Hamilton has had on giving the WHOLE team a positive effect. Ask the paddock, hell you can even ask Christian Horner - he called it the "Lewis Hamilton effect".

They would have been given the same amount of fuel... In essentially the same car... Hamilton burned through his faster and gained no spots over rosberg who had lots of fuel.

Any link or statement from Mercedes or did Hamilton say this in his press conference?

Rosberg, I believe is a top driver and extremely quick - just sometimes doesn't seem to get it together in qualifying. Missed a chance at a pole in 2011 for Monaco as well I believe.

Found the answer:

"We were racing very hard to keep up with Red Bull," added Hamilton. "We were close but on the knife-edge and I used too much fuel."

And look how graceful Lewis is:

"He [Nico Rosberg] drove a smarter and more controlled race than me," said Hamilton. "He is a great team-mate. I will speak to the team, or apologise. I said to him he did a fantastic job. He had better pace through the race.
"Nico deserved to be where I am. With the position in the championship the team thought it was logical to stay in position. Would I let him past in the future? I probably would."

Brawn said that Rosberg was also running low on fuel btw, because the race had been much faster than they'd anticipated.

It's easy to be "graceful" after the race if over, if he really felt that way he should have let him pass despite team saying otherwise.

Also the fact that he knows he used too much fuel tells that there was never meant to be a problem but he was greedy early in the race.
Don't know how little fuel Rosberg had, but enough not to be told to save fuel ages before the end and use some "extreme fuel saving" for the last lap

Hamilton was undoubtedly pushing harder than Rosberg, don't forget he passed Vettel and also had to hold him off for a few laps afterwards.

But is it worth pushing when you know you only have so much fuel? He knew himself that he used too much, should you be rewarded a position because you pushed too much and were positioned higher before you ran "out of fuel"? (not literally but enough for having to drive fuel saving mode big portion of race and then some "extreme fuel saving" for last lap, so it was quite end)

How much do the drivers know about it? From what I can tell fuel is something the team manages, not the driver.

Hamilton is a racer, he won't hold back until he's told...twice probably.

It's easy to be "graceful" after the race if over, if he really felt that way he should have let him pass despite team saying otherwise.

More like it is easy for you to say it is easy to be "graceful" watching a grand prix from your armchair. It is much easier to be clumsy and to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

As Mark Webber said in his press conference answers there is "naivety" and he is talking about what the fans don't know whilst watching any kind of team sport or even in his example tennis. None of the drivers are currently able to race to the limit and in engine and tyre management mode from start to finish. This is actually where Seb "fucked up" as he so gracefully said himself.

Most of the F1 world is talking about Seb and Mark and here we are discussing Lewis Hamilton. That says everything really ...

Pit radio compilation from the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xppm9tzXc8&feature=youtu.be

Hamilton was told to save fuel for the first time at about halfway through the race

There's nothing to discuss about webber & vettel really, vettel did something he shouldn't have done and should get good load of crap on him for that. And gift 1 win for Webber this season if webber is second while vettel leads

But is it worth pushing when you know you only have so much fuel? He knew himself that he used too much, should you be rewarded a position because you pushed too much and were positioned higher before you ran "out of fuel"? (not literally but enough for having to drive fuel saving mode big portion of race and then some "extreme fuel saving" for last lap, so it was quite end)

This consistently blows my mind in this thread, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE CONSISTENTLY IGNORE CONTEXT, its like Valencia all over again. It drives me nutts, everyone thought that the redbulls might need an additional stop .The team order were to push as hard as you can, that's exactly what Lewis did. They did that to in turn push the RB's harder, if it had of worked then the mercs would have been able to coast to a 1/2. It didn't work and that left Lewis exposed, The TEAM asked Lewis to push as hard as he could, Lewis took the risk for the TEAM, the TEAM choose to protected him when in low fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its also commonplace (even for teams with "no number one") for them to call a halt to the inter-team racing after the final stop.

You probably have a good explanation on why they wanted only one of their drivers to push it, then, as well as explanation why Hamilton knows he used too much fuel if the plan was to push and then coast along?

You probably have a good explanation on why they wanted only one of their drivers to push it, then, as well as explanation why Hamilton knows he used too much fuel if the plan was to push and then coast along?

Maybe you would like to explain why Ross Brawn said we have told Lewis to push as hard as he can during the first stints on slicks, this was said during the first stint on slicks. Also why would you want to push your second car into the dirty air of the first, it provides absolutely no gain, if you think about it ( common you can try it) you would see that position makes no sense has no positives and many negatives.

Unlike the all seeing and knowing Kaotik do you think Merc knew they would be pushing for the race win when they put fuel in. That it would be such an even free race and that they would be the pace setters. See this is why almost everyone separates strategic and tactical, because tactical is about evaluating the short term and it is far more fluid, the reality is no one knew what they were going to be doing until they were in the situation.

A few people in this thread have shown their constant bias against Lewis, for anyone without this bias its as plan as day to see. For people who just want to read honest assessment and incite in to a race its annoying as hell.

I think it's funny that all you're talking about is Nico not being allowed to overtake Lewis, and not Seb overtaking Mark after being called "silly" by Christian Horner and displaying a unsportsmanlike ruthlessness as per Schumi.

Lewis vs. Nico is not the big story because both of them obeyed team orders. Seb vs. Mark is the big story because Seb is not a team player and his team is letting him get away with it which will make Mark stop being a team player because he can't trust his team.

Back