Formula 1 - 2013 Season

jimbo75 for your words of him "schooling" Rosberg, no, it's not enough, and even if it could be considered being enough, it's not when it's happening only because the team says so and not because Rosberg wouldn't have the pace to pass him.

Ok to be fair, schooling is far too strong a word.

Rosberg is a very good and fast racer, and If I were him i'd be incredibly pissed at what transpired in the race.

However there is no getting away from the fact that Hamilton is already outracing Rosberg. Rosberg looks great in flashes and is often ahead in practice, but its qualifying and racing that counts.

Ok to be fair, schooling is far too strong a word.

Rosberg is a very good and fast racer, and If I were him i'd be incredibly pissed at what transpired in the race.

However there is no getting away from the fact that Hamilton is already outracing Rosberg. Rosberg looks great in flashes and is often ahead in practice, but its qualifying and racing that counts.

He outraced Rosberg in one race, Rosberg outraced him in this race even though Hamilton finished first, there's no way anyone could deny that when Hamilton was barely able to finish without running out of fuel and Nico being ready to pass him for last, what, 10-15 laps and would have passed without team forbidding it.

He outraced Rosberg in one race, Rosberg outraced him in this race even though Hamilton finished first, there's no way anyone could deny that when Hamilton was barely able to finish without running out of fuel and Nico being ready to pass him for last, what, 10-15 laps and would have passed without team forbidding it.

You can't say Rosberg outraced him when Hamilton was clearly nursing a problem. Look at the laps when they were both running at full potential.

And don't get me wrong - I have a lot of respect for Rosberg. I think Mercedes have the best driver lineup in the sport. This isn't about Rosberg being mediocre as much as it's about Hamilton being a cut above.

Race after race you will see it as fact. Hamilton will outqualify and outrace Rosberg. What will it take for you to accept it? The next 4-5 races or what?

Lol podium interview was more fun than the race. Did you see horner 's face when Webber was ranting on live tv? Just great.

Anyway, where are those Ferrari team order crybabies now?

Hamilton yet again makes forum posters go bat shit insane.

The team didn't put enough fuel in his car as they weren't expecting to challenge at the front. They used to much fuel in this phase so told Hamilton to slow down. They then told Rosberg not to overtake as it was their miscalculation. Rosberg was only quicker when Hamilton was told to save fuel. If Rosberg was as fast as Hamilton he would also have had to save fuel.

Tbh it's still shit - if Rosberg was slower because the team fucked it up then he should have been allowed to go past. To be frank, the Red Bulls weren't that far ahead anyway.

Very bad call by Merc but Hamilton is blameless. It's a bit like the Force India call last week when Di Resta could obviously have taken Sutil but wasn't allowed to.

It's great to have things to talk about when Red Bull do a 1-2. Sadly this is as good as it'll get. I fear this season is 2011 all over again and Vettel "The Great" will march towards his 4th completely deserved and hard won title.

You can't say Rosberg outraced him when Hamilton was clearly nursing a problem. Look at the laps when they were both running at full potential.

And don't get me wrong - I have a lot of respect for Rosberg. I think Mercedes have the best driver lineup in the sport. This isn't about Rosberg being mediocre as much as it's about Hamilton being a cut above.

Race after race you will see it as fact. Hamilton will outqualify and outrace Rosberg. What will it take for you to accept it? The next 4-5 races or what?

They don't make a mistake like fueling too little, Hamilton just ran too long with max fuel settings and had to start saving the fuel, while Rosberg didn't.

For the last 15 laps or so of the race? Seems unlikely.

Again - I believe Merc were totally wrong here, and from what I can tell Hamilton showed his class on the podium.

Merc are looking at the title already, same as Lotus, Ferrari and Red Bull are. Already. They all know who the #1 drivers are, yep already. It's sad but a fact of the modern sport.

So you now think rosberg is good, but Vettel and Raikkonen (wdc) not so much...

DJ12 said:
The team didn't put enough fuel in his car as they weren't expecting to challenge at the front. They used to much fuel in this phase so told Hamilton to slow down. They then told Rosberg not to overtake as it was their miscalculation. Rosberg was only quicker when Hamilton was told to save fuel. If Rosberg was as fast as Hamilton he would also have had to save fuel.

They would have been given the same amount of fuel... In essentially the same car... Hamilton burned through his faster and gained no spots over rosberg who had lots of fuel.

<edit> I'm not suggesting Rosberg is a better driver than Hamilton (past suggests otherwise), but that Rosberg outdrove him today and that Hamilton isn't significantly better than other top drivers.

So you now think rosberg is good, but Vettel and Raikkonen (wdc) not so much...

Nope I think they are all great drivers.

I'm basically just protecting the point I made a while ago, and still believe, which is that Hamilton is a cut above most drivers and will prove it.

I said Hamilton would outqualify Rosberg by 4 tenths from the first race and I was wrong - he was actually half a second faster. Next race it was 8 tenths in qualifying. In the races Rosberg has looked very strong but he's still behind.

Hamilton is a tier above. He's a tier above Rosberg, and that basically means he's a tier above everybody who isn't Alonso or Vettel because Rosberg is really, really fast.

Anybody who is surprised about how fast Hamilton has settled in must have been asleep during his first season. Either that or they think Alonso is overrated. Neither point deserves any more discussion. I can't believe that anybody actually thinks Hamilton isn't extremely fast. How is that possible? What kind of weird bias would make anybody blind to Hamilton's incredible pace? I just don't get it.

They would have been given the same amount of fuel... In essentially the same car... Hamilton burned through his faster and gained no spots over rosberg who had lots of fuel.
Or more likely Merc made a big mistake somewhere.

jimbo would probably say Räikkönen isn't top level even if he won WDC in a damn Marussia :LOL:

Just for the sake of reminder
raivsalo.jpg

And one can't claim Ferrari was any worse during Alonsos first 3 years

Yes because clearly Raikkonen is universally regarded as a better driver than Alonso. "Universally" might not have the same meaning where you live however.

Yes because clearly Raikkonen is universally regarded as a better driver than Alonso. "Universally" might not have the same meaning where you live however.

It's no wonder, Kimi never asked or enjoyed the golden boy / nr 1 driver status in any team unlike Alonso, and having such position makes you look a lot better than you are since your teammate is always the one you're being compared to.
Alonso also never lost 1 or 2 world championships due too fragile car breaking down a lot more often than the competition.
I'm not saying Räikkönen is better than Alonso, I'm saying that it's impossible to put the top drivers like Räikkönen, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and possibly few others in real order over each other and the "next tier" is close enough to beat the "top tier" in equal cars, too, even if not in the long run averaged results (like Button beat Hamilton at least one season, while I'm sure everyone agrees Button isn't "top tier" driver really)

The difference is Alonso has a habit of wresting a car into a higher position then it deserves does matter if its over steering or under steering he just rides it like a BOSS :LOL:, but for example today kimi wasn't able to do that.

Back