Formula 1 - 2013 Season

Sure he does but all jupiters moons have to be exactly aligned in his favour AND he still needs a car advantage.

The only drivers in F1 who can win without a car advantage (and/or luck) imo are Hamilton and Alonso.

And Vettel and Räikkönen and probably bunch of drivers that just have too slow cars to do it at the moment.

You really need to pull your head out of where ever it is, Alonso and Hamilton aren't some demigod drivers, they're top notch, yes, but there's at least 2 if not more drivers currently in F1 that are the same level

Vettel and Raikkonen have slow cars? What races were you watching cuz it wasn't the 2012 F1 WC.

The "too slow cars" was referring to bunch of possible other drivers who could win without luck/car advantage, but we just don't know they can because they're not driving in good enough teams (yet) to make it even remotely possible.

Vettel and Räikkönen have fast enough cars to win, but don't need car advantage or luck to win.

When was the last time Vettel or Raikkonen won without having good luck or the fastest car?

At least Bahrain for Vettel (Red Bull wasn't the fastest at the start of the season outside qualifying, McLaren was faster package at first)
Räikkönen's win on Lotus is debatable if it was luck or not, Hamiltons car broke down so early in the race, and with the safety cars it's possible Kimi would have won even if Hamiltons car would have held through, their laptimes 'till Hamiltons accident were pretty much identical

edit:
You could pretty much ask the same thing about Hamilton, McLaren was fastest big part of the season

Vettel started on pole in Bahrain and basically led all the way? Webber started ahead of Button. You can't say his car wasn't the fastest, like it was in every race he won basically from start to finish.

There is no debate over Raikkonens luck in Abu Dhabi. He got a flyer of a start (helped by Webber having his usual pathetic start) and had no chance of beating Hamilton until he retired. Considering how much higher on the grid he was than normal, it was clearly a good track for the car too.

This is what DJ12 was talking about when he mentioned the stars and planets aligning with Button. Bahrain was Raikkonen's lucky day.

How many times did Alonso win in a bad car last season? How many times did Hamilton chase down Vettel last season after starting behind on the grid? This is why those 2 are great and the rest are only good.

Hamilton won twice last season starting behind Vettel, Vettel once starting behind Hamilton.
Hamilton won only from pole or 2nd position, Vettel won from pole, 2nd and 3rd position.

Alonsos car wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't as good as Red Bull or McLaren, it was depending on track faster, bit slower or on par compared to Lotus. Or if it rained it was fastest of them all.

If Vettel had always the fastest car and only knew how to drive from pole to win, how do you explain these, especially the last one?

All overtakes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 74 on-track overtakes
1. Mark Webber - 74
3. Felipe Massa - 65
4. Lewis Hamilton - 55
4. Romain Grosjean - 55

All overtakes, without backmarkers
Disgarding the overtakes on the teams of HRT, Marussia and Caterham
1. Sebastian Vettel - 51 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 46
2. Mark Webber - 46
4. Felipe Massa - 45
5. Jenson Button - 41

All overtakes, without backmarkers, with equal tires
Disgarding overtakes on cars with more than 5 lap older tires
1. Sebastian Vettel - 29 on-track overtakes
2. Jenson Button - 26
3. Mark Webber - 24
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 23
4. Felipe Massa - 23

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams
Counting only overtakes on the teams of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 28 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 25
3. Jenson Button - 22
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 21
5. Felipe Massa - 16

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams, with equal tires
Counting only overtakes on the teams of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 17 on-track overtakes
2. Kimi Räikkönen - 16
3. Jenson Button - 14
4. Lewis Hamilton - 13
5. Felipe Massa - 12

Edit: jimbo your quote of "gifting him the race" did the him refer to kimi ?
your ending the sentence with " (and even then only because McLaren's appeal failed)." lead me to believe your were talking about massa vs hamilton ?

edit: Kaotik ninja edited me ;)

Hamilton won twice last season starting behind Vettel, Vettel once starting behind Hamilton.

Hamilton retired while in the lead. He passed Vettel in both wins coming from behind.

Alonsos car wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't as good as Red Bull or McLaren, it was depending on track faster, bit slower or on par compared to Lotus. Or if it rained it was fastest of them all.
If it rained Alonso was fastest of them all, that was the difference.

If Vettel had always the fastest car and only knew how to drive from pole to win, how do you explain these, especially the last one?

All overtakes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 74 on-track overtakes
1. Mark Webber - 74
3. Felipe Massa - 65
4. Lewis Hamilton - 55
4. Romain Grosjean - 55

All overtakes, without backmarkers
1. Sebastian Vettel - 51 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 46
2. Mark Webber - 46
4. Felipe Massa - 45
5. Jenson Button - 41

All overtakes, without backmarkers, with equal tires
1. Sebastian Vettel - 29 on-track overtakes
2. Jenson Button - 26
3. Mark Webber - 24
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 23
4. Felipe Massa - 23

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams
1. Sebastian Vettel - 28 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 25
3. Jenson Button - 22
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 21
5. Felipe Massa - 16

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams, with equal tires
1. Sebastian Vettel - 17 on-track overtakes
2. Kimi Räikkönen - 16
3. Jenson Button - 14
4. Lewis Hamilton - 13
5. Felipe Massa - 12
I saw that before and to me it's complete bullshit. Obviously it isn't including the first lap because there is simply no way Alonso wouldn't be in it considering on average he gained 3-4 places on the first lap in near every race.

Edit: jimbo your quote of "gifting him the race" did the him refer to kimi ?
your ending the sentence with " (and even then only because McLaren's appeal failed)." lead me to believe your were talking about massa vs hamilton ?

edit: Kaotik ninja edited me ;)

Yep I meant Massa vs Raikkonen.

Don't get me wrong though, Hamilton was lucky as shit in Brazil in 2008 and drove a pathetic race and I felt sorry for Massa tbh.

Agreed Gary Anderson is the best. although I wish he'd make some new Thunderbirds cartoons :D

ps: mclaren are being very open

Other than the non-stepped nose, changes look quite minor compared to F2012 on a quick glance

ferrari-f138-2013-2.jpg

Back