Formula 1 - 2012 Season

Great work Bludd!

So Lotus is most reliable so far and also had quite busy testing schedule plus they seem to be there or there about (3rd-5th fastest).
Ferrari aren't slow in the end just they are not fast yet :p
McLaren didn't show anything yet but that is part of their game. At least they have pretty car!
RedBull is still one to watch it seems.

Did you check the f1 slate yet? It´s bloody brilliant!

http://www.thef1slate.com/
Maldonado says Williams is like a new team

rubens
It's so unfair, why couldn't Williams become a new team while I was there?

mschumi
You're missing the point there Barrichello... I think McDonalds was implying that it became a new team the minute you walked out the door.

Pastor
Many personnel changes breathe new life and bring fresh ideas into our team.

rondennis
Especially that little Coughlan shit, he brings plenty ideas from team to team... they're not bloody fresh ones though.

:D

Noses so far:
Untitled.png

Also, apparently originating from Auto und Sport magazine, Hamilton is worried of their new car, and said that his fastest lap was done on light load, here's quote from Hamilton apparently first translated from english to german, then from german to finnish and now finally from finnish to english by me:
When I saw the other cars in the lead, it made me wonder have we made the right choices [with the car]

Lotus probably has the nicest nose of the ugly noses. Red Bull nose at the front is not pretty, very stumpy.

But who cares, all we want is good racing and then Alonso wins! ;)

Also, apparently originating from Auto und Sport magazine, Hamilton is worried of their new car, and said that his fastest lap was done on light load, here's quote from Hamilton apparently first translated from english to german, then from german to finnish and now finally from finnish to english by me:
When I saw the other cars in the lead, it made me wonder have we made the right choices [with the car]
Does anyone believe anything anyone is saying during testing?

It's all misdirection.

I suspect translation. He said they were "agressive" on fuel loads, but in testing you don't know if that pertains to light load or heavy load.

I remember the days when McLaren would win the Winter World Championships every year only to be handedly beaten by Ferrari during the season.

Testing is just that, testing. The second qualify session of the first race will tell the true tale.

I remember the days when McLaren would win the Winter World Championships every year only to be handedly beaten by Ferrari during the season.

Testing is just that, testing. The second qualify session of the first race will tell the true tale.
I can't wait for the first race.

Testing is interesting, though. It can show reliability for instance. Remember last year, McLaren tried that octopus exhaust during winter testing and then going all Red Bull exhaust for the first race with a big metal diffuser and all. It was very impressive.

I thought F1 cars had passed the 'so ugly they can't get worse' boundary some time back in the 90s but I was wrong.

WTF F1 rules guys???

Time to dump the whole rule book & rebuild it so it produces something that looks like a racing car again instead of these turds.

For the record & incase some of you guys are too young/have been too caught up in F1: a racing car looks something like this:
Ferrari+F1+1988.jpg

I miss the days when Tobacco companies were allowed to advertise and hence sponsor racing teams. :(

I miss seeing Marlboro on racing cars.

I think basically when tobacco companies could no longer advertise or thus sponsor F1 teams, that's when we started to see the rapid rise of controls being put into place to limit team spending.

BTW - I hate smoking, but I'm all for personal choice.

BTWx2 - This mini-rant isn't related to how cars look now. :) Just seeing that Marlboro insignia on the car made me remember the "good old days" of car racing.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record & incase some of you guys are too young/have been too caught up in F1: a racing car looks something like this:
Ferrari+F1+1988.jpg

I dunno, it looks kind of like a plastic toy to me...

Then again that McLaren sure looks sweet, hope they get back to that color scheme.

First day of the first Barcelona test

First time Mercedes ran their new car. They also have a platypus nose but it is a bit more rounded in profile.

Lotus had a problem with their chassis (second chassis) and did very few laps. Chassis 1 which did Jerez test is being sent from Enstone and they think they will be up and running tomorrow. Second chassis needs to be examined at Enstone.

HRT will not attend this entire test due to problems in crash testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97612

Code:
Team		Testing laps 2012	
Red Bull		375	
McLaren			425	
Ferrari			345	
Mercedes		 51	
Lotus			409	
Force India		403	
Sauber			364	
Toro Rosso		362	
Williams		469	
Caterham		389	
HRT			  0**
Marussia		121*
Mercedes 2011 car	347	
HRT 2011 car		108	

* Did not attend first test Jerez		
** Did not attend second test Barcelona 1
postbarca1day1.png

Lotus had a problem with their chassis (second chassis) and did very few laps. Chassis 1 which did Jerez test is being sent from Enstone and they think they will be up and running tomorrow. Second chassis needs to be examined at Enstone.
They have pulled out of the rest of the test this week. They need to alter both chassis now they figured out what was wrong today.

They have pulled out of the rest of the test this week. They need to alter both chassis now they figured out what was wrong today.

That is a bit of a setback!

Either they spotted something on certain drink company car they have chance copying quickly and think it's worth the risk or simply have real problem with their design. Strange though it didn't show up in Jertz :???:

Back