Formula 1 - 2012 Season

Bear in mind that they have entered into a similar type of technical arrangement with McLaren as Force India did a number of years ago. I wouldn't expect them to leap into midfield, but I'd wager them being faster than HRT once they get on top of the car.
Sure, and Pat Symonds still knows his way around a racing car despite falling from grace. Will he become technical director for Marussia when his suspension runs out?
Coincidentally, rumour has it that they will be he only other team with a low, un-stepped nose.

Second other team, you mean. At least if the HRT F112 rendering is correct.

http://www.hrtf1team.com/en/coche/el-f112.html

Day 4 of Barca2, last of the winter tests.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97838

Jerez curcuit length:
4427,995 m

Barcelona curcuit length:
4655 m

Williams have racked up a total of 5334 kilometres over 1164 total laps at Jerez and Barcelona combined. This is 7.3% more laps and 6.9% more kilometres than Ferrari.

postbarca2day4txt.png

postbarca2day4totalsort.png

postbarca2day4laps.png

postbarca2day4dist.png

Could someone update me. what regulation changes made the nose crooked like that ? And why is McL nose not crooked ?

Could someone update me. what regulation changes made the nose crooked like that ? And why is McL nose not crooked ?
The FIA wants to avoid situations where a driver can be hit in the head by the nose of a car (for instance, what happened between Schumacher and Liuzzi at Abu Dhabi last year), so the noses were lowered. The step comes because most teams want to keep the nose and chassis as high as possible for airflow reasons and still fulfill the reg. McLaren have a lower chassis and thus doesn't have to have an ugly nose.

The HRT stepped nose is subtle, but it is still stepped. Marussia is not really stepped but the V shape makes it look stepped. Only McLaren is truly un-stepped.

Finally all 12 teams showed their new cars. I was right that Marussia will have normal nose, good hunch without hearing any leaks :D.
HRT doesn't look bad, now only two weeks to find out how both these teams perform and what's initial pecking order closer to the top of field.
Oh, and in few days Sky F1 channel is launching for those living in UK!

The HRT stepped nose is subtle, but it is still stepped. Marussia is not really stepped but the V shape makes it look stepped. Only McLaren is truly un-stepped.

Maybe there's a better picture somewhere, but in the one Kaotic posted the nose stepping appears to be right at the front wheel linkages. But it's far subtler than those on other cars.

Regards,
SB

Maybe there's a better picture somewhere, but in the one Kaotic posted the nose stepping appears to be right at the front wheel linkages. But it's far subtler than those on other cars.

Regards,
SB
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/05/marussia-mr01-breaks-cover-silverstone/maru_gloc_silv_2012_3/

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/05/marussia-mr01-breaks-cover-silverstone/maru_gloc_silv_2012/

So who is going to be first with their predictions on the pecking order? :devilish:

If you ask this nicely Bludd :D

Ok, I'm with Brawn on pecking order and think it will be really close (less than .75s) between at least 4-5 teams.
Quickest: McLaren, RedBull
Quick: Mercedes, Lotus, Ferrari
Not far behind them: Sauber, ForceIndia, Toro Rosso

Now if forced to give first 5 teams in Melbourne I would bet on:
1. McLaren
2. RedBull
3. Mercedes
4. Lotus
5. Ferrari
for Quali and then

1. McLaren
2. RedBull
3. Lotus
4. Mercedes
5. Ferrari
for race.

Reason being Ferrari and Mercedes struggled with tyre consistency on longer runs, but were very quick on 1-3 lap stints.
Who knows, maybe Ferrari will sort itself up before Australia but chances of that are slim. Even they think first 4 races they will struggle ...

Also there is that small caveat of Lotus chasing glory runs during practises and it won't be nowhere near as quick as people expect them, but at least car seems to be well balanced and consistent.

So who's next with predictions which will turn to be wrong in less than 2 weeks time? :devilish:

Whatever McLaren & Red Bull might have in their cars over Lotus is irrelevant, since Kimi is that much faster than anyone else on the track :devilish:

Melbourne race:

1. Redbull
2. McLaren
3. Ferrari
4. Lotus
5. Mercedes

Qualifying I would say Vettel and Redbull no.1 spot and Lewis and McLaren the no.2 spot.

Melbourne race:

1. Redbull
2. McLaren
3. Ferrari
4. Lotus
5. Mercedes

Qualifying I would say Vettel and Redbull no.1 spot and Lewis and McLaren the no.2 spot.

1. Lotus / Kimi
2. Red Bull / Vettel
3. Red Bull / Webber
4. McLaren / Button or Hamilton
5. Mercedes / Rosberg
6. McLaren / Button or Hamilton
7. Ferrari / Alonso
8. Mercedes / Schumacher
9. Lotus / Grosjean
10. Ferrari / Massa

:cool:

I take it we're going to have to put up with you Raikkonen love-in all season long?

You're going to explode if Hamilton takes him out at some point.

Which will be funny.

I take it we're going to have to put up with you Raikkonen love-in all season long?

Which will be funny.

All we need is Hamilton & Räikkönen at pits at the same time and red light, and Hamilton will surely smash right into Räikkönens car again :devilish:

And my "love" towards Räikkönen isn't any different from several peoples love for Hamilton for example ;)

Which will be funny.

Either that or Hamilton will beat Raikkonen to the championship by 1 point by 'taking him out' at some point in the last race of the season (25th nov). The resulting explosion will trigger the earth's crust to begin to split, cumulating the the destruction of the planet a little under a month later.

All we need is Hamilton & Räikkönen at pits at the same time and red light, and Hamilton will surely smash right into Räikkönens car again :devilish:

And my "love" towards Räikkönen isn't any different from several peoples love for Hamilton for example ;)

I think your love for Räikkönen looks like it may surpass all others. I foresee many an argument in the future about every incident that involves him. Should be fun. :)

Either that or Hamilton will beat Raikkonen to the championship by 1 point by 'taking him out' at some point in the last race of the season (25th nov). The resulting explosion will trigger the earth's crust to begin to split, cumulating the the destruction of the planet a little under a month later.

Somewhere, carved into the side of a Mayan temple, are two images that look suspiciously like F1 cars - one of which sports an ugly step in it's nose.

Back