Formula 1 - 2012 Season

I've rewatched Malaysia: it was Button's fault on Karthikeyan, and it was Karthikeyan's fault on Vettel. There you go. D:

No way it was Karthikeyan's fault on Vettel. It was the other way around. Vettel swerved. End of discussion.

No way it was Karthikeyan's fault on Vettel. It was the other way around. Vettel swerved. End of discussion.
Granted, it looked like that from the rear camera angle, but from the front, you saw Karthikeyan move. The penalty was harsh, though, and Vettel's comments afterwards were not appropriate. Cracks are beginning to show.

So, after the long battle of "who is Lotus" having seemingly being settle this year we now have confirmation that Lotus (Group) have pulled out of backing Lotus (Lotus Renault F1)!

So, after the long battle of "who is Lotus" having seemingly being settle this year we now have confirmation that Lotus (Group) have pulled out of backing Lotus (Lotus Renault F1)!

Owner of Lotus Group (Proton) sold it to another malaysian (i think?) company which isn't willing to continue sponsoring the F1 team. However, Genii Group (owner of the lotus/ex-renault team) is dedicated to keep and has right to keep name at least 'till 2017 apparently.

Owner of Lotus Group (Proton) sold it to another malaysian (i think?) company which isn't willing to continue sponsoring the F1 team. However, Genii Group (owner of the lotus/ex-renault team) is dedicated to keep and has right to keep name at least 'till 2017 apparently.
Genii keeping the name for the chassis would have been a stipulation of the Lotus Group pulling out of the sponsership. To keep their "historical" status as a team (which increases the payout from the points position at the end of the year) they have to get agreement from the rest of the teams that they can transfer to another team name; given that they got a pass from the rest of the teams to actually be called Lotus this year (along with them forcing Team Lotus into becoming Caterham, which also needed agreement from the teams) I doubt there would be as good will up and down the pitlane to do it again, so shortly after this change.

....and now Group Lotus says that they have new deal with Genii Capital, and that they stay as the teams name sponsor 'till 2017 :???:

Hamilton is apparently getting 5 place penalty in next race, as McLaren has to switch his gearbox

Indeed:
You can thank good old Tony Fernandes for these two. Don't take everything he tweets too seriously – perhaps he's still frustrated about owning Caterham instead of Lotus and the fact that he fights HRT and Marussia instead of Mercedes and Ferrari in F1.

And whilst we're on the subject of jokes - do you know the latest F1 joke? Mike Gascoyne, Caterham Group's Chief Technical Officer, has gone missing. Why? He's looking for the 30 to 40 points he predicted for the last F1 season. Funny.

Ouch. :D

Cheers

Damn that is a bummer indeed for Hamilton. Is it just me or does it seem that he has quieted down a bit and has been producing some really good drives this season so far? Could be it because he is finally getting some from Nicole? :devilish:

On the other hand I am quite glad Vettel is not in the top flight right now. I really think he is a talented driver etc etc etc but I just for some reason could never stand him and his one fingered salute. I just Hamilton and Perez and Button of course and Alonso and Schumacher and Webber to be fighting for the lead every single race...ok fine Vettel can join the fray as long as he is not on the podium.

Damn that is a bummer indeed for Hamilton. Is it just me or does it seem that he has quieted down a bit and has been producing some really good drives this season so far? Could be it because he is finally getting some from Nicole? :devilish:
I agree on quieted down, which is definately good thing, but on good drives? I wouldn't agree on that, 2 poles on what looks to be the fastest car on the grid, and still only 2x 3rd places. On the other hand, the "old hamilton" probably would have crashed trying to win no matter what on those races, so compared to that I suppose it could be seen as "good drives" :p

Back