Formula 1 - 2012 Season

I agree on quieted down, which is definately good thing, but on good drives? I wouldn't agree on that, 2 poles on what looks to be the fastest car on the grid, and still only 2x 3rd places. On the other hand, the "old hamilton" probably would have crashed trying to win no matter what on those races, so compared to that I suppose it could be seen as "good drives" :p

Yep that is what I meant when I said "good drives" that he hasn't crashed with anyone and gotten sent off to the stewards' office.

That said Schumi is on fire for this Shanghai weekend! Damn it is good to see him rock it! I hope he puts in a podium. It will be a bit demoralizing for his teammate Nico Rosberg whom I like but COME ON SCHUMI!

Yep that is what I meant when I said "good drives" that he hasn't crashed with anyone and gotten sent off to the stewards' office.

That said Schumi is on fire for this Shanghai weekend! Damn it is good to see him rock it! I hope he puts in a podium. It will be a bit demoralizing for his teammate Nico Rosberg whom I like but COME ON SCHUMI!

One shouldn't put too much weight on practices alone, though, as they might have been driving different fuel loads, tried various different settings etc

Hamilton was considerably quicker until his mistake on his last practice lap so Schumi's time doesn't mean anything in relation to pole (although he could get it by default if Hamilton does change his gear box).

Definitely still McLaren, a gap, then everyone else.

Even with Schumi's good form it'll be for naught if Mercedes still haven't sorted their late race performance. Won't be able to say for sure until the race.

We're going to find out too. Nico on Pole with Shumi next to him on the grid. Followed by Kobayashi and Raikkonen. A very odd grid layout compared to what we have seen for the last year of so. Vettel not making it into Q3 was quite the shock. It makes the Ferraris not look so bad considering that Massa qualified 12, Vettel 11, Alonso 9 and Webber 7 (ignoring Hamiltons penalty that would make Webber 6).

Nice to see Nico finally getting that pole position.
I think Chinese GP will bring few surprises at the end of tomorrows race!

GREAT :p

Nice to see Nico finally getting that pole position.
I think Chinese GP will bring few surprises at the end of tomorrows race!

GREAT :p

Nico will get a bad start dropping to around 5th, Schumacher takes the lead until Cowboyashi tries to pass and crashes both out. Kimi keeps his Iceman mind cool and drives to easy victory :cool:
Also, Grosjean will crash someone or just spin out in turn 6 or 7

Nico will get a bad start dropping to around 5th, Schumacher takes the lead until Cowboyashi tries to pass and crashes both out. Kimi keeps his Iceman mind cool and drives to easy victory :cool:
Also, Grosjean will crash someone or just spin out in turn 6 or 7

Pretty much what I was thinking!

Other surprising option would be not to have McLaren on the podium.
I also think Mark will do quite well.

Pretty much what I was thinking!

Other surprising option would be not to have McLaren on the podium.
I also think Mark will do quite well.

I'm thinking top 3 will be Kimi, Nico and Perez, not necessarily in that order though

Nice to see the Finn in Nico coming to surface today :)
Should be an interesting race, can't watch ot at home though as the lamp in my projector expired and it's currently my only display...

Sigh, Lotus ruins 2nd place, possibly victory with crappy pitstop tactics

Not the first time it happened. At least Nico won so there is no clear 'leader' of WDC yet :smile:.

Kimis battles were great though!

Still McLaren is the quickest race car but not necessary quickest quali car, which is great for us!

Great job by Rosberg, the car doesn't seem to eat it's tyres anymore.

Shame about Alonso making that mistake going out on the marbles against Maldonado.

Good job by Vettel too, managing to get up there from 11th, but the tyres weren't able to handle it the last few laps.

Hamilton had some great battles too.

Shame Hamilton had a penalty, would've been good to see someone challenge Rosberg. He had it too easy with Hamilton getting all the traffic after pitstops (and from starting 7th).

Not taking anything away from Mercedes though, thoroughly deserved win.

Rosberg never had to run in traffic, plus they got the tyres in the optimum working range according to Brawn, so it all worked out for him.

Kimi got to learn how Pirellis can be. I was quite astounded when I saw he ir running Softs on the last stint. What were they thinking?

For Bahrain, I predict Hamilton will end up on 3rd place. :D

Back