Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

I think its really bad what they're doing.

I can understand the delay completely, but not the complete lack of a western demo.

I think its really bad what they're doing.

I can understand the delay completely, but not the complete lack of a western demo.

Considering that they (reportedly) haven't even begun localization, its really no surprise. I would anticipate a similar promotion or demo being released early next year for the western releases. Perhaps with the PS3 version of The Last Remnant. Maybe even with the EU/US release of ACC (depending on how long they delay that).

The FFXII demo packed in with DW8 was a pretty huge waste of time. Short, and you got no feel for the story or battle system. Besides, FF has never needed demos to sell. It wouldn't be a priority to me, and frankly a lot of the entitlement people on the internet seem to feel regarding demos, betas, etc, etc is pretty silly.

The FFXII demo packed in with DW8 was a pretty huge waste of time. Short, and you got no feel for the story or battle system. Besides, FF has never needed demos to sell. It wouldn't be a priority to me, and frankly a lot of the entitlement people on the internet seem to feel regarding demos, betas, etc, etc is pretty silly.

Waste of time for whom? I bet DQ8's sales had a nice boost.

Release date is set at April 16th, in Japan. Available at Play-Asia for pre-order for $69.90 USD (First Print Normal Edition). Shipping isn't too bad, unless you want tracking, in which case it jumps from about ~$5 USD to ~$20 USD. Amazon.jp has the placeholder but no pre-order available yet (only notification). Haven't checked any other shops yet.

The PS3 bundle includes a "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3 with a logo (silk-screened?) on the front. I don't recognize the logo (reportedly the "Cloud Wolf" logo).

A rough Google translations of the Famitsu article.

Thanks! Ordered.

Thanks! Ordered.

Where did you order it from?

Amazon now has the actual product available for pre-order (same link as above). Much cheaper than PlayAsia too, 5,547 yen after shipping (~61.78 USD). However, from the product page it is not clear if it is the version with the demo. A rough Google translation doesn't bring much clarification. Only that the limited edition items are, in fact, limited. :LOL:

EDIT

Nevermind, from the original price, 4,900 yen, it's pretty clear that its the normal, demo free, version.

Last edited by a moderator:
The handling of this game has been really arrogant and obnoxious IMO.
CG trailer after CG trailer, closed public theaters, screenshots from cinematics and a total absence of publically available gameplay footage....this game was announced in June of 2006, dammit.

The handling of this game has been really arrogant and obnoxious IMO.
CG trailer after CG trailer, closed public theaters, screenshots from cinematics and a total absence of publically available gameplay footage....this game was announced in June of 2006, dammit.

I thought there was some gameplay footage in one of the trailers with that girl...Lightning or whatever her name was...against some of those foot soldiers.

Considering that they (reportedly) haven't even begun localization, its really no surprise. I would anticipate a similar promotion or demo being released early next year for the western releases. Perhaps with the PS3 version of The Last Remnant. Maybe even with the EU/US release of ACC (depending on how long they delay that).
Still, a short demo.

If its too much trouble, fair enough, but the west doesn't get much luck with FF.

Still, a short demo.

If its too much trouble, fair enough, but the west doesn't get much luck with FF.

Doesn't seem like much of a departure from the past. FFX and FFXII both had roughly equivalent demos, with two scenarios. If I remember correctly, a CG short was released for FFX-2 that bridged the story between the two games. Maybe there was a demo for that as well, I can't remember.

Doesn't seem like much of a departure from the past. FFX and FFXII both had roughly equivalent demos, with two scenarios. If I remember correctly, a CG short was released for FFX-2 that bridged the story between the two games. Maybe there was a demo for that as well, I can't remember.
No what I was saying is that it would be great if we could get at least a short demo (1 or 2 scenarios, don't mind) in Europe/US considering we'll have to wait until 2010 for the full game, but I guess some would consider it too much to ask :cry:

No what I was saying is that it would be great if we could get at least a short demo (1 or 2 scenarios, don't mind) in Europe/US considering we'll have to wait until 2010 for the full game, but I guess some would consider it too much to ask :cry:

I'm certain there will be a demo -- it may even be published online on PSN and XBL. It's just that it won't happen until much closer to release in the west, which will be sometime in 2010.

Would the actual bluray movie work on PAL PS3s? im guessing not. doesnt really matter as i dont speak japanese, does it have english subs?

Would the actual bluray movie work on PAL PS3s? im guessing not. doesnt really matter as i dont speak japanese, does it have english subs?

The BD movie is region A, which covers US and Asia, IIRC. So, no, wouldn't work with a PAL PS3. Does have the English voices (for the movie), however. English/Japanese voices with Japanese subs (to my knowledge).

Back