E3 Predictions 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Apparently the game is very closely connected to the film, but games adventures [told by the Quark] will often be much longer [and filled of his exagerations and lies :D] than in film.

The game does look in remarkable good shape for something not releasing for another year. I'm wondering if they could have shipped this fall no problem and only delayed the game to coincide with the film release after that was pushed into 2016. That's a bummer for Sony's first party lineup this year, but it's also possible they are only comfortable doing that because they have some surprises up their sleeve for the holidays.

Well Kratos did start as an interesting tragic character at the beginning with some elements that were reminiscent of Greek tragedy. Things werent evolving well with each sequel though. Indeed his personality deteriorated to an asshole that killed anything on his path without any sense of conscience or logic. There was nothing under his skin. Everyone had more personality at the end than him. Not to mention every bad guy in every other big game too. Kratos essentially became an uninteresting bad guy which was controlled by the player. His depicted rage though flowed very well with the gameplay. GoW3 was a masterpiece despite that. But it reached a point of saturation for Kratos. There is nothing left. I dont want to see another game with him.

Btw @London-boy I am still very thankful for your xmas present of GoW:Ascension :)
No worries. Kratos isn't anymore.

5715B94AABE0425BD9B2CE40AFAB77588BAC7E9827DB10C143pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpsfxfndjqq.jpg

What will become of my The Last Guardian Amazon PS3 game pre-order? Nobody want to talk about the real elephant in the room. The TLG collector PS3 game! Does Cerny speak SPE fluently?

I think global warming could have been solved if the ten trillion internet posts written so far (and no end in sight) about The Last Guardian had never occurred. That's a lot of electricity to run all those computers.

Maybe if they are lucky they will get .00000000000000001 sale for each post written...will be a smashing success if so.

Yeah but as opposed to all the wild theories of games sequels based on rumors that won't die... TLG expectations are based on Sony saying they are still working on it. It's a fair prediction.

I think global warming could have been solved if the ten trillion internet posts written so far (and no end in sight) about The Last Guardian had never occurred. That's a lot of electricity to run all those computers.

Maybe if they are lucky they will get .00000000000000001 sale for each post written...will be a smashing success if so.
We would have bitched about something else so it's basically carbon free!!

Yeah but as opposed to all the wild theories of games sequels based on rumors that won't die... TLG expectations are based on Sony saying they are still working on it. It's a fair prediction.

I did not realize that that game was apparently first shown in 2007? We're coming up on a decade!

I guess the rumor is they put Cerny on it to whip it into shape huh.

Anyways, MS has apparently announced Scalebound, Crackdown, and Quantum Break will be at Gamescom in August and not e3. under the usual "We just have too much to pack it all in so something had to get cut" mantra.

I dunno, at first blush I dont like it at all. Unless they really do have enough big stuff to make it a non-problem which I wont be able to judge until after their conference of course. Especially I'd have like to see some QB.

Twisted Pixel - making a AAA they say
Some Eden (Falls?) project - Lionhead? (I really hope Fable is not all they are working on, be a huge waste of talent if so)
Frontier will probably show Elite on X1
Press Play is up to something
Rare!
Oculus stuff in some fashion I bet is on stage (hopefully with less boring)
Gears
Halo
Forza
I still wonder if Fortnight will transfer over to consoles, so maybe we see some of that.
MS maybe has that RTS
Minecraft 2.0 with new voxel square shapes
ID@Xbox on stage or sizzle real
Below(?)

You forgot Tomb Raider, Fable Legends.

I guess that is a good amount of stuff, just these biggies alone that they are sure to focus on:

Forza 6
Halo 5
Fable Legends
Tomb Raider
Gears Remaster

Yeah, throw in the possibilities you mentioned, probably a good amount of Oculus stuff alone, and they probably really were pressed for time in 1.5 hours.

For E3 surprises, have been eagerly awaiting something Triple A from Epic, particularly a Samaritan inspired game. Hopefully that is there.

Just a couple days left!

I'm glad I have not been as excited for e3 this year as years past, it's made the wait where I hardly noticed it, but now that it's upon us I'm still excited.

2013 E3 was I think the most excited for E3 I ever was, I expected the new consoles to be blown out and blow minds. Didn't really happen. I have a feeling that may be the all time peak of E3 anticipation for me.

^ Plus you had hype trains, super secret insider false leaks (some real) to help get things exciting. It was like being six and waiting for Christmas morning, while this year feels more like waiting for your first kidney stone. LOL

The shows will (hopefully) be really exciting to watch, so I do look forward to it.

You forgot Tomb Raider, Fable Legends.

I guess that is a good amount of stuff, just these biggies alone that they are sure to focus on:

Forza 6
Halo 5
Fable Legends
Tomb Raider
Gears Remaster
I'll add Gears new :)

All of these together we are already looking at 50-60 minute presentation time. I get why they had to move the other games to gamescom. Question is with 30 minutes left what else do they show?

I'll add Gears new :)

All of these together we are already looking at 50-60 minute presentation time. I get why they had to move the other games to gamescom. Question is with 30 minutes left what else do they show?

Fallout 4, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, and a bit of other third party love? They always seem to share the stage, although Sony will be doing the same so maybe it will be less 3rd party than normal for MS.

Hmm. Well I think we are going to see more first party. So I dunno :). EA and Bethseda have their own pressers now so I'm unsure about it.

Just curious but how will e3 be handled btw mods? Will there be a thread per press conference? Or is it going to be a wild flurry of new threads being created while news is released? ;) what would be the most fun?

As for threads, please make the first post such that it has all the released info. Threads get crazy pretty soon and its impossible to find what got announced.

I am only interested in what Sony Santa Monica and GG are up to and , the most important, No Mans Sky's release date. Nothing much else since Witcher is already blowing my mind and we have MGSV lined up after that.
Edit: oh and I am ready to be excited as well as disappointed by new Destiny content. Its always like that with that game.

I would like a new Resistance to be announced with 8 player coop but we know it ain't happening :( ! So...

As for threads, please make the first post such that it has all the released info. Threads get crazy pretty soon and its impossible to find what got announced.
Although a nice idea, I'm not sure it's worth the mod's time. There are other outlets who'll provide summaries like Eurogamer and GameSpot. No-one should be using a discussion of live events as the source for a morning catch-up.

Back