DS or PSP

Wich one you prefer

• Total voters
Heh, remember when people were saying MS and Nintendo would team up and work on the same system? Not what all you MS fans were expected is it :LOL:

Teasy said:
Heh, remember when people were saying MS and Nintendo would team up and work on the same system? Not what all you MS fans were expected is it :LOL:

Internet Explorer DS...two separate browser windows. :devilish:

Other uses:

One screen for streaming video while the other is used to write email using Outlook DS.

One is used for graphics or animation while the other is used for chat.

It's kinda like a PC with dual monitor functionality except it's friggin portable. Wireless LAN would be insane on this little DS. 8)

Do PPCs have BSDs?
No, but they are far from freeze-proof. I wouldn't call them unstable or anything, but they do freeze regularly, and a soft reset is needed. The good thing though is that they almost never freeze all by themselves, in the middle of work/game. When it happens, it usually when closing many applications in succession, or things like that

My brother occasionally has his cell-phone "crash" while making a call--happened to him when he called me yesterday. It's one of those Cell/PDA hybrids, so I guess that the more complex a device gets, the more they'll share in some of each others' problems.

Oh, yeah. Newer cellphones with complex UI, Java support, etc. are all known to crash every now and then, *especially* if you try running some weird Java apps on them, which may or may not be properly optimized for that speciffic phone.

MS say they won't support for the DS

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER said:
A RARE QUESTION: One of the most noteworthy items to come out of the recent E3 video-game convention was news -- published on a game-industry Web site -- that Rare Ltd., Microsoft's U.K.-based game-development studio, was working on two titles for the Nintendo DS, a new dual-screen hand-held device.

It was interesting in part because Microsoft and Redmond-based Nintendo of America are fierce competitors in the video-game console business. But Microsoft last week said the report wasn't correct.

Microsoft and its studios are "focusing all efforts on developing games for the Windows and Xbox platforms," said a statement released by a company representative. Rare, in which Nintendo previously held an ownership stake, does make games for Nintendo's hand-held GameBoy Advance. But "at this time, there are no plans to support the DS," the Microsoft statement said.

Who does this statement come from exactly? Where is the statement from (over the phone, a press release ect)?

At this point I think I'll trust Ken Lobb and gcadvanced.com. Not that I care much either way though TBH...

GameSpy: Will the next new Mario adventure be for DS, GameCube, or for a new console?
Miyamoto: It may end up on DS. You have seen Mario 64x4 here, but there is another Mario game that we are working on for the DS that is best suited for that system. I think that will be the next Mario game to come out.

Planet Moon adopts PSP-only agenda.
Armed and Dangerous, Giants: Citizen Kabuto shop says sayonara to PC, Xbox, PS2--devotes itself to the PSP exclusively. The development studio is leaving the high-pressure, high-priced, and cutthroat competitive turf of PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox development for the unproven terrain of PSP development.
A rather brave (or desperate?) move i must say. And i think we got a hint on PSPs battery life in the interview ;)

GS: What games do you see working on the PSP?

AL: Games that focus on opportunity game play. Games that are really fun to play right away. You get them immediately, they’re cool, you play them for 15 minutes and you’ve got a very satisfying experience.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/29/news_6099595.html

A rather brave (or desperate?) move i must say.
It's neither. It's actually a pretty clever and logical move for a small and creative team like them, who basically have no fighting chance in the overcrowded console market where games live and die on millions of dollars spent on their license or celebrity endorsement. This way, their medium budgetted game actually *will* get noticed when they release it in an 'unpolluted' PSP market, and they'll also be able to build some name for themselves, if the game turns out to be genuinly high quality (which is easy to believe given their track record)

Ah, Kabuto... Man, was that some fun! I still keep a copy of it around to LAN with from time to time, because it's so peculiar.

Back