DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

what about the PS+ Version?

I hope they let us wait until those that paid full price are cared for.

However I simply don't understand why they didn't release the ps+ first to do a realistic test on their server setup and code.

It's embarrassing that a game that relies so much on the online aspects, performs so spectacular bad on release. They had every chance to test it.

I hope they hand out some free dlc for the "beta" testers.

They had every chance to test it. I hope they hand out some free dlc for the "beta" testers.

I may be miffed by the delay if it wasn't busy with Orc Simulator 2015, which I probably won't finish for a couple more weekends.

I may be miffed by the delay if it wasn't busy with Orc Simulator 2015, which I probably won't finish for a couple more weekends.

I am miffed myself :)
I am torn between this and fh2 and I just want to know now, even though I won't buy anything soon anyways :)

Destiny helps me, lvl 21

Yesterday played a couple of races with Globalisateur. Sorry for crashing you a bit, I didn't want this! :) Pity that some players do this intentionally. Also because of a bug, or network lag it's possible that you come close to other car (but don't touch it) and see it starts spinning like you push it. Though visually there is a gap between you and other car.

It should be better to play same game with complete club. Would be cool to try this.

yes FH2 gameplay and driveclub

FH2 photomode has higher LOD models, certainly higher than DC's gameplay ones.

I presume that's why he compared gameplay shots? DriveClub also has higher detail cars before the race starts ...

I discovered that you can actually use a LOT of colors, not just the patterns you get by default. You can take any part of the pattern and pick from a big list of colors (metallic and matte) for each to go quite far in customising. Not as far as Forza 5 of course, but still fun:

https://www.facebook.com/avanarum/media_set?set=a.886892981320786.1073741831.100000002767007&type=3

10688247_886893301320754_8458250822888282964_o.jpg

1504250_886893127987438_2594821218975241234_o.jpg

Another update
Over the next 24 hours we are rolling out a new game update alongside server upgrades that will help to improve server performance, clubs and multiplayer functionality.
We are also running essential diagnostics periodically to help us continue to improve server performance, which may disrupt online play for you when you get connected. This will be kept to a minimum.
We're glad that more of you are getting to play online but we are sorry that many players are still having a hard time getting connected. We are working around the clock to improve connectivity and will keep you informed as we continue to make progress.

I presume that's why he compared gameplay shots? DriveClub also has higher detail cars before the race starts ...

Actually i don't think the pre race model is more detailed, i could not spot any difference. Plus devs said there was no difference of lod between garage and ingame.
But AI cars are obviously less detailed.

Actually i don't think the pre race model is more detailed, i could not spot any difference. Plus devs said there was no difference of lod between garage and ingame.
But AI cars are obviously less detailed.

Looking at the screenshot it seems as if you might be right.

Man Ive gotta say a lot of these screenshots dont look that good at all, AA is terrible esp with the vegetation is just plain alphatest, in motion it does look good but screenshot wise I dont see how ppl are saying the graphics are so brilliant, certainly dont look anything like reallife

Hopefully the online situation will turn around soon.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/16/d...es-still-plague-the-racer/?ncid=rss_truncated

Looks like all of PSN is still down at the moment.

A lot of these shots look pretty bad compared to the pre-release screens and videos. No word of a ubi-style bait and switch downgrade though. j/k. Seems like a game that even after the delay needed more time in the oven. Obviously online is the big sore thumb now, but it sure could have also benefitted from more content, gameplay variety, car modification and tuning, improved soundtrack, photo / video modes and sharing, finished up weather, antialiasing work, AI tuning, etc. Guessing another year and it would be knocking up against GT7. I can't wait for that!

Man Ive gotta say a lot of these screenshots dont look that good at all, AA is terrible esp with the vegetation is just plain alphatest, in motion it does look good but screenshot wise I dont see how ppl are saying the graphics are so brilliant, certainly dont look anything like reallife
Yeah. The only static images that look even close to real life are the ones that don't let you see much aside from the car model, and there are all kinds of sampling issues that prevent anything from going all the way. Even the images that try to hide things with motion blur don't really succeed because the blur is quite grainy (and looks a little iffy even in motion).

And most big shots that cleanly show lots of stuff tend to have obvious environmental barrenness issues and/or are given away by sketchiness in the foliage rendering, on top of the sampling problems.

It's doing some fairly impressive stuff, but it doesn't look like real life except for small gifs of poorly-lit and/or low-contrast situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back