DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

The Sunlight doesn't seem to be strong enough for us to notice any direction of the sun. Looks more like a Skylight we use in CG. Otherwise looks great and the best part is they have confirmed its an arcade fun racer ! Now, they have got my interest completely !

Yeah, but unfortunately far too few people realised how good that series was (I loved and own all Motorstorm games). Some of MotorStorm: Pacific Rifts tracks are my all-time game graphics highlights (topped only by the storm beach level in Apocalypse) and I wish them the best of luck getting a bigger audience with this one. Racing games aren't a safe market these days, but being early on a new platform should at least help.

Yup, Pacific Rift is still my fav too. But since they have already made the decision, lets just wait and see if they can make this equally fun or not. NFS MW was a lot fo fun thanx to autolog leaderboards everywhere in the game. If this can do it in a new or more deeper way, it might be the flash of fun we need in racing games.

When I saw the E3 trailer my first thought was "Man, Gran Turismo 6 sure is a damn fine looking game."

Maybe cos we see GT6 uber Photo/replay mode in trailers and DriveClub's realtime ? Just curios, I am not the Gt kind , so never played GT5 or followed GT6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe cos we see GT6 uber Photo/replay mode in trailers and DriveClub's realtime ? Just curios, I am not the Gt kind , so never played GT5 or followed GT6.

No, GT6's new tesselation engine and hugely improved HDR (50x they say, the important bit apparently being that it helps with DOF and MB effects) are really something else.

Hopefully that helps them to get something good going on PS4 much quicker though ...

Good news for those you concerned about your investment into your current wheel:

Finally, in a post-event interview on the LiveCast, it was mentioned that “pretty much every commercial racing wheel will work with DriveClub.” We’ll likely have to wait until closer to launch for a full list of what they are, but this is definitely good news for wheel owners.

I have to say, I'm really excited about DriveClub - actually, more than I am in GT6 or whatever the next one will be. I've grown kind of tired in the GT series - the monotone engine noises and the stale race tracks. The series is a masterpiece, no doubt, but it just lacks the adrenaline punch you get, when you drive cars such as these on a beautiful mountain pass road or through some canyon. I still think the original Need for Speed was one of the best driving games - with excellent fun factor and some superbly tracks. I especially liked the A to B races, rather than the circular tracks. A lot of speed is missed when you drive at over 100mph on a 7 metres wide track, or indeed through a Canyon that is at the maximum the width of two cars side by side.

Burnout was great, but too unrealistic and in a game like that, I miss having real cars. At the same time, the last Need for Speed went too far towards arcade or "Fast & Furious" bling bling for me to even play it at length.

DriveClub looks like the ideal mix between GT type realism (I hope) and the great driving roads we once had in some games. And that with an extremely attractive concept of how we could be playing this in groups with or against each other online. Fantastic. Count me in.

Now I really hope they make this 60fps or if not, that I somehow erase that out of my mind and hopefully won't notice... (knowing that a driving game is only 30fps irks the hell out of me, even before I actually play it).

Accurate sky is not a new feature in the world of racing. Project CARS also has full weather/TOD/date[day/month/year] support.

Back