DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

I'm just really thankful Evolution gets to make another game!

Yap, same here. Very glad that Evolution is still around. I thought racing games won't make it this gen.

Is it true that they approached PD for licensing the GT name and were rejected ?

I would have loved a different take of the series. Come on guys, loosen up.

Yes, typical reaction. What if it can elevate the brand ?

Are you in the loop ? Are they sharing tech or data or anything ?

Yap, same here. Very glad that Evolution is still around. I thought racing games won't make it this gen.

Is it true that they approached PD for licensing the GT name and were rejected ?

I would have loved a different take of the series. Come on guys, loosen up.

I did suggest in a few places that Sony would be mad if it didn't let Evolution make a Gran Turismo RC (because Motorstorm RC was so good and it would have worked really well imho)

Yeah, there's scope for a GT arcade racer in a different context. They could share assets and name and do both a favour.

PD doesn't need any help to cheapen their brand. They did that just fine when they released GT5 long overdue and in a unfinished state. Someone from Sony go to PD, bonk Kazunori on the head, and tell him to share already.

There already is a GT arcade racer. It's called GT Concept. It featured a lot of concept cars and had arcade like handling. It was a lot smaller then the usual GT's, and not as good IMO.

I wouldn't mind Evolution making an arcade GT game. Maybe PD can learn something in return, like how to make an intuitive UI.

The visuals miss something. I dont know. They dont manage to impress me. They are kind of flat looking.
Not what I d expect from a next gen console to be honest

The visuals miss something. I dont know. They dont manage to impress me. They are kind of flat looking.
Not what I d expect from a next gen console to be honest

Really? I thought it looked absolutely fantastic. The lighting is just so realistic. This is now on my to-buy list when the PS4 launches.

More
http://i.minus.com/i4PKTEWkdRrPU.gif
http://abload.de/img/ar3uw8.gif

also there seems to be damages
http://i2.minus.com/ilZZC0vimsK5s.png

Patsu> yup these are in game shots.
ojjoQlH.jpg

PD doesn't need any help to cheapen their brand. They did that just fine when they released GT5 long overdue and in a unfinished state. Someone from Sony go to PD, bonk Kazunori on the head, and tell him to share already.

Harsh but I guess we are on the same page. ^_^

Is DriveClub going to beef up the sound/noise effects ?

Patsu> yup these are in game shots.
ojjoQlH.jpg

in-game means racing mode or photo mode ? :)

Really? I thought it looked absolutely fantastic. The lighting is just so realistic. This is now on my to-buy list when the PS4 launches.
:cry: Why cant I like it?I am trying. I watched the footage again and again so I can get the same "wow" effect you guys get but nothing.

:cry: Why cant I like it?I am trying. I watched the footage again and again so I can get the same "wow" effect you guys get but nothing.

Me neither. But there's a section in it where you see the car driving on a long stretch of road between the trees and with a vast lake on one side, and that looks really good. Otherwise, the lighting is far too muted. But I've seen smiilar things with Motorstorm before, where some things could look bland, but once you're playing them, those 'bland' sections just serve to highlight the many 'wow' moments.

Right now, the lighting doesn't really impress yet, and some of the trees and mountains look positively meh. But I look forward to seeing more at E3.

It's the cars for me that temper my enthusiasm. The environment looks great.

Come to think of it, give me a Drive Club: Shanghai Nights level and I could get ecstatic

I agree that the overall look is very good in places, and I get the idea of having bland/boring areas to highlight the great looking areas - that's just realistic and overall a good philosophy when creating any art. The cars do look a little bland in some shots though, they just don't have that polish that Gran Turismo always brings, even if it is mostly only noticeable in photo mode. The models look good, it seems to have more to do with the overall cold look of the rendering. Maybe in maps that aren't alpine based the cars will look a lot better.

Back