DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

the grainy motion is blur is definitely annoying. SO is the AA on the wires. TR and Infamous has provided such clean IQ that it gets difficult not to be nitpicky :p !

Environments are absolutely beautiful !!!! Get the game out already !

For AA the game director tells on Twitter it is a work in progress and the visual will improve before the game will be gold. they need to add wire AA.

Game looks so pretty, and I'm glad that the gameplay got polished. I cant wait to test out free PS+ package in a few months.

Hands on preview

The insanity is everywhere. The game accurately models the outside temperature of the game-world at all times. This doesn't seem terribly crazy until you watch the game move at 500 times its normal speed and you can see that temperature tick downwards -- as midnight passes and dawn approaches you can see the internal display inform you that at 2 am in India it is 23 degrees Celsius. The fastest a player can move the world clock at is 60 times speed, meaning a full day-night cycle will take 24 minutes -- so you'll probably never really get to see the gauge tick down anyway. Oh, and they elected to not use the temperature in the handling model of the cars because it was a layer of complexity for the driver they weren't interested in representing -- so it all ends up being moot anyway.

It gets crazier from there, too, because that's not the only thing the game models and then discards in favour of accessibility. The aerodynamics of the cars are accurately represented within the game's physics engine, and the game itself has a procedurally generated damage model that it completely ignores by making all damage cosmetic.

Speaking of India and Finland, the real magic of DRIVECLUB is in the locations. The game takes place in four locations across the world -- Scotland, Canada, Finland and India -- and the detail in each is simply staggering. Scotland looks like it was pulled directly from a Jaguar ad, all rolling green hills and moody dark skies. Aurora Borealis (At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?) dances across the skies of Finland (but only if you're lucky). Tea plantations coat the brown of India in a gorgeous green. And Canada? O Canada. The effort the team put in making the game-world look beautiful is enough to make you lament having to stay in your car.

Project Cars also has physics emulation that takes in consideration temperature, air pressure, air humidity, road temperature and much more. Before race conditions on track can be synced with real results that are gathered from real-time weather database from the web. But of course there all those data points will play a important role, because that is sim racer and not arcade game like DC.

with all this, no wonder why it's 30fps, if everything said is real then is quite impressive for a first try with the ps4.
The next motorstorm will surely look amazing. (volumetric dust ala E3 2K5 CG tailer ? :LOL:)

That picture with the Maserati Ghibli, looks insane... :oops:

I said this a million times, and I'll say it again... this is downright the most gorgeous race game I've seen. The amount of detail and geometry is God-like... the lighting and shadowing as well.

More info...

Devil's in the details: why Driveclub might finally be the 'next-gen' we were promised

That picture with the Maserati Ghibli, looks insane... :oops:

I said this a million times, and I'll say it again... this is downright the most gorgeous race game I've seen. The amount of detail and geometry is God-like... the lighting and shadowing as well.

More info...

Devil's in the details: why Driveclub might finally be the 'next-gen' we were promised

Well I agree fully, but... the game runs at 30 fps so it's not a technical marvel, or playable for that matter..:rolleyes: unless, it's an open world 30fps racing game. :cool:

You'll probably get arguments in the future like: "of course the models are more detailed, trackside detail is gorgeous, lighting is godlike, shadows are the most accurate, and so on; it's a closed world race game, not an open world race game"

I cannot even imagine what Polyphony Digital is up to, but for now I agree with you; drive club is the most gorgeous racing game ever seen :)

:D
8DTJC9G.png

Back