DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by jayco, Jun 3, 2013.

1. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

How much is the PS+ upgrade option? I've not seen any pricing for the UK.

2. djskribbles

Legend Veteran

I believe it's $50 in North America (maybe just the US). The 'upgrade' basically buys you the digital version of the game at a PS+ discount.

Here's some direct feed footage from gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-driveclub-stage-demo/2300-6419450/

Off screen footage at gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_driveclub_gameplay_video-15453_en.html

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdyPp0NCco

#602 djskribbles, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  3. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Looks great ... some of the cornering and the framerate a bit iffy right now perhaps, but overall a beautiful racer that gives me a happy arcade feeling. I like that you get points deducted for bumping into cars, track, etc.

4. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Evolution is really pimping this game hard I see, very nice weather addition indeed. Can't wait to see them in action.

5. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Philosopher & Poet
    Veteran

I do think it's amusing they've been pushing the weather angle in DriveClub just days after all those Horizon 2 screenshots came out emphasizing their rain effects. I think MS expected to press weather as a technical advantage.

6. DSoup

DSoup meh

And they should have been paying more attention to WATCH_DOGS! We all know that rain + night = nextgen guranteed :yep2:

7. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I am really surprised this was not at Sony's E3 conference. I mean, this is thier biggest exclusive this year and it got no limelight at all. I was expecting a reunvieling and instead they just threw it away :( !

8. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I don't think it's a bad idea to leave that for later in the year, when the game is close to release, so as to not get hurt again by a delay announcement afterwards if for whatever reason (earthquake, tsunami, stingy resource planning ;) ) the game gets more delayed.

Another possibility is getting a more public unveiling at GamesCom -> Sony has a good tradition of showing some of the better European stuff in Europe.

Very timely, Eurogamer posted this:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-driveclub-could-be-the-racing-game-to-beat-this-year

So apparently it was shown at E3, is much improved both graphically and in handling, and also supports a range of wheels. But also mentions that the full weather system is delayed a little to somewhere between launch and Christmas.

9. djskribbles

Legend Veteran

I hope they support the DFGT, although I kind of doubt it. It will be weird playing a racer with a controller again.

10. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Logitech is seemingly the cause of delays, their software support division is dead.

Hopefully Sony will get their hands on Logitech drivers before the end of the year. Not for DriveClub, but for ProjectCARS wich is hardcore sim and wheel support is much more important to its gameplay.

11. DSoup

DSoup meh

Sony had a busy conference an had a lot to show. Like how Arkham Knight is shaping up on the PC :yep2:

12. Jedi2016

Veteran

If they're going to show at E3, they'd want to show something new, and I don't think there really is. It would just be showing stuff that we've already seen or already know about, so there's not much point.

13. Pixel

Veteran Regular

Indeed. I like how during the Xbox conference they showed how Assassin's Creed Unity is shaping up on PC. :no:

Reminds me how good they were to PC gamers last year, showing how BF3 was shaping up on crossfire 7970s.

Nice how MS puts some love into pc despite it being a console centric expo.

14. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Driveclub for PS4 with Thrustmaster T300 Impressions from E3...

15. shredenvain

Regular

This is really a dumb thing to start a war about. Every year at E3 a couple of games are shown off on Pcs during either Sony or Ms conference. It happens.

16. Pixel

Veteran Regular

I found his post hilariously good and true. No war.

17. DSoup

DSoup meh

shredenvain, we're just seeing the funny side of silly things that happen at E3! :yes: It was surprising not to see anything of DC but then they've been released a lot of videos lately!

18. rockaman

Regular

Drive Club looks gorgeous...

Only thing I have noticed that doesn't look near-perfect was sometimes the hood reflections were a bit low resolution.

Other than that, reflections on other parts of the car even, have been almost impeccable. And all realtime. I love the reflections from other cars in the bodies, so awesome.

19. Davros

Legend

Do you think the rain effects are done in the cloud :D

20. Npl

Npl
    Veteran

Thats so well done, it would spark its own religious belief in most other forums. (Need some clapping smiley here)