Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

8z9CuaM.gif

There is two dreams PSX sessions in twitch, it is impressive do an intuitive UI is very difficult. They are genius and the platform element looks much better than in LBP and more like in Terraway...

Another presentation with Shuhei Yoshida.

Edit:

Last edited:
^ SO amazing! Other games may have more realistic graphics, but the fact that this game is so innovative in tech (no polygons!!) and achieves so much in real time, is what amazes me the most.

Last edited:
^ SO amazing! Other games may have more realistic graphics, but the fact that this game is so innovative in tech (no polygons!!) and achieves so much in real time, is what amazes me the most.
Very distinctive and I wonder if that may end up being a bit of a curse in the long run, if all Dreams' creations end up sharing the same visual style.

Very distinctive and I wonder if that may end up being a bit of a curse in the long run, if all Dreams' creations end up sharing the same visual style.
They've shown different visual styles. I think the difference may be as big as people want it to be.

At any rate, once you play/use the game, you know what you're getting, I guess... People went crazy with LBP and this is much, much more ambitious. I don't see any curse. :)

Last stream! An hour length video showing organic and architectural sculpting.

It's so entertaining just watching how things are made in this "game"!! :)

I'm sure we'll see great games made with this.

At first I thought they were using PSVR, but then I saw the hatch on the left and found out why: using the Moves! They could never have that free movement with a DS4. It should be amazing PSVR support comes!

OmigoO this isicrqzy . TheTmoves for making objects also nkcen. Too bad the vr version is into for launch

And what's wrkngwwith my android keybikey

I feel if ever there was an argument for PS4 games to be forwards compatible, it's Dreams. It's been years in the making, would benefit greatly from a more powerful console with a more powerful CPU and for better VR, and the idea that it could just die as a concept within a couple of years of launch when the hardware gets replaced is tragic. The Dreams code needs to work on PS5.

I feel if ever there was an argument for PS4 games to be forwards compatible, it's Dreams. It's been years in the making, would benefit greatly from a more powerful console with a more powerful CPU and for better VR, and the idea that it could just die as a concept within a couple of years of launch when the hardware gets replaced is tragic. The Dreams code needs to work on PS5.

Do you think releasing a vanilla port of Dreams for PS5 would be that much work? Assuming that PS5 sticks with off the shelf hardware?
Do people expect Dreams to be as big as LBP? What I remember from LBP launch/reveal was that it looked like a game first, and then you had the editor stuff.
While Dreams is editor/building stuff first and then game second.

I never played much LBP custom content and nor made any custom content, so unless the game portion is fun, I might even pass on it.

Do people expect Dreams to be as big as LBP?

IMHO, I think most of us expect it to be way bigger than LBP.

PS: quick question about LBP (I already asked in the What are you playing now? thread, but nobody replied yet): which one of the three iterations is best for 2 players gameplay (with the same console, at the same time)? Thank you!

Back