Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

I just can't understand where is the fun doing all of that.

I guess that's why none of my games are platinum hahaha.

Btw destiny nowadays is not a good experience. Bungie totally changed lots of skills, making my Warlock total weak, my cousin Ward of dawn also become useless.

Bungie keeps changing their vision with no clear direction :(

I bought destiny for PvE. Please Stop messing around with it.

Hopefully destiny 2 will come to PC and people made their own server by hacking it reverse engineering it whatever .

Then I can migrate to Pc.

Edit : the weird thing is, they never mess with their game this much when they were still under Microsoft.

Heck, they encourage exploration of super weird locations.

Edit2:
Respawn also keeps changing titanfall 2 but they never do any super drastic changes that bungie often do.

The kind of changes Respawn do, I have no problem with it.

Heck, from the whole life of titanfall 1, the only change I hate a wee bit is the final nerf of smart postel. But they didn't nerf it into oblivion like bungie often do with weapons and skills tho.

It seems Respawn still have some sense and have clear vision of their own game and they won't budge too much from the original vision.

Where bungie super happy to go willy nilly from one vision to another Blargh

Last edited:
Maybe Bungie has a different strategy, they keep mixing things up, in the hope of keeping the game sort of fresh?

I stopped playing Destiny a good while back, it just got to be to much of a grind for me and PvP stuff just is not that interesting to me.

Maybe Bungie has a different strategy, they keep mixing things up, in the hope of keeping the game sort of fresh?

I stopped playing Destiny a good while back, it just got to be to much of a grind for me and PvP stuff just is not that interesting to me.

Yeah, you could be right. Because they are running with a skeleton crew, they can't really add new content. But by nerfing everything, they can increase the amount of conversation substantially.

The changes to sub-classes were made for PvP, which unfortunately affects PvE as well.

PvP is the main thing that keeps this game alive these days. Bungie has been trying since the beginning to balance it out, which is a difficult thing to do when you have so many different weapons, powers/abilities, and opinions. You have casual players, hardcore players, and you have competitive players... all of them play differently and all them of have a different opinion on how things should be.

Also keep in mind that the bulk of their team have probably been working on Destiny 2 for the past few years.

Last edited:
Destiny 2 should have come last year. I was so pmped up for ROI but played it only for a month and honestly have lost touch with Destiny since then. Last year was the ripe time for Destiny 2 to keep the player base back with the game. I all for SP games now, that phase of life seems over to me. It could have continued if Destiny 2 had arrived on time.

I honestly kind of wish I could get into a game besides Destiny again personally. It's too fun. I cant go back to boring single player. I cant even pull myself away during a content drought to finish Gears 4 campaign, for example.

However I know the allure of the same game cannot last forever. I feel like every expansion is more of the same with different dressing. That's not a knock, it's the nature of reality.

I guess I am different than most, they are about "content". I'm about chasing goals in the game, grimoire, achievements, record books, max light on all my relevant gear, that perfect PVP roll and gear...personally I enjoy periods of no content because those are the best times to chase all those things when you dont have to worry about completing new content.

I kind of feel almost a sense of melancholy about Destiny 2 though. I know it will be more of the same again with new window dressing. I dont know if I want to spend thousands of hours in the Destiny world again. I mean, I cant imagine me not buying it, but still.

I guess part of me always understands video games are a waste of time that could be spent doing something constructive. So Destiny that is a huge time sink, is a mental issue for me. But that's outside the scope of this discussion.

For example my brother spent years being a WoW addict. I always thought "man, he could have been literally a Doctor or something many times over now if he'd spent that time studying" and things like that.

Destiny is basically dead now. PvP player pool is small, so matchmaking sucks. The balance patch made things worse. I log in to play with other who need help, but there is nothing left for me to do. I've done the raid. All my guns are 400 and all chars have tons of 400 armor. I'm missing one exotic piece of armor, but the RNG is not worth the hassle, I'll just watch Xur.

See for the hardcores/crazies it doesn't simply stop when you hit 400; you try to get certain rolls on weapons and armor (which I have already done for the most part). And for me, trials of osiris is something I do for fun every weekend.

Last edited:
FINALLY hit 100 rumble wins. Easily the toughest slog I've done in Destiny. Brutal, especially with crucible seemingly so winnowed down to only the hardcore, good players.

I'm liking the 2.6 crucible balance patch a lot though. HC's seem less OP and finally it's more of a possible true primary meta (the last patch sure as hell wasn't, more like a sidearm meta).

I still have 100 doubles wins grim left and I only have 5. Not sure I'll pursue it. The good thing is doubles only shows up sporadically so it's not an every week time sink. Should also be easier in theory, though when I screwed around in doubles a few weeks ago it was still fucking brutal.

About AOT, I'm glad it's limited, I want a few months before Destiny 2 to feel like I've done everything in this game and I can just enjoy it, so I'm glad there was only limited new content. However the record book seems too difficult. Also it has not keeping track of tons of the things I have done in the game, I think because I've deleted a few very old hunters. Overall it's kind of disappointing. A person who's played as much as me should basically have a already completed book to show for it. A true reward. Not, here's a bunch more stuff to grind and you basically start at the same place as everybody else.

It should have a had a more "celebration" feel. I mean it mostly does, but it should have gone farther. Hell all players who have played a ton like me should have gotten some instant super cool armor, weapons and whatever, not have to go earn it like everybody else again. Bah.

Going back to old raids should be fun though.

Oh, I guess you can get trials guns guns from crucible Qmaster bounties? That's awesome gives someone like me who's never done trials a chance to get them!

Course the only semi-viable one is probably blind perdition, and I imagine my well rolled hawksaw's and PDX's are still better. But still.

I'm loving hawksaw so far in this newest update. I dont know if it's good or just a flood of newbs making it seems so, but I'm having fun with it.

At least in theory, without endless sidearm ammo you need something that can cover all ranges decently. Hawksaw is an obvious choice if like me, you hate hand cannons.

You'd need a REALLY well rolled PDX/Hawksaw to beat blind perdition IMO. I mostly use hand cannons but Blind Perdition (adept, has snapshot) is my preferred pulse. It has good range, good sights and highlights enemies as all ToO weapons do. And yes I have the old vendor hawksaw that's nearly perfect.

Burning eye is also a REALLY good PVE scout rifle, and it's decent in PVP. Burning eye is pretty much all I use in PVE these days. Once I get Vision of Confluence again that MIGHT change.

Vision Stone is also a pretty good AR. With the recent AR buffs, it might be a viable option.

The HC is garbage.

Hmm, I just remember some comment on reddit that Hawksaw was better than BP. I dont recall why and I haven't looked into it.

I found I'm most successful with a PDX I have with fitted stock, rifled barrel, and rangefinder. It ends up with 46 range (+bonus RF range) which is a lot of range, and like 82 stability. Another thing I like is you get 30 rounds (10 bursts) instead of 27 (9 bursts) on vendor hawksaw, hardly make or break but a nice bonus when it's a better weapon already.

I guess maybe it's my playstyle but it's better for me than the old vendor hawksaw at 36 range 90 stability. You are getting way more range and only a little less stability, so I guess it makes sense. What I take out of it is I need at least 46 range on my pulses. The X factor is counterbalance, I dont know how really helpful it is, some swear by it, but judging by my results Im fine without it.

I love the new patch, makes something besides hand cannons viable again. At least so far lets see how things settle out.

I do like solid scouts which I'm sure Burning Eye is. I'd like to have one. I have a ton of ridiculous 37/48 PVE scouts with 19-20 in the mag, plus firefly, plus triple tap though. You're not gonna beat those. Plus Chaos Dogma, and some Dis 43's with huge mags and 100 stability or range (only downside no firefly). And this week Dead Orbit is selling the Keystone high impact scout with firefly and triple tap. So yeah, I have like 40 fantastic PVE scouts.

Had actual fun on combined arms (was only playing for marks). Got a sniper kill for geez, must be the first time in 6 months. I went with Chaos Dogma and Event Horizon cus it's what my character had on him, it was actually damn fun. Chaos is a beast on maps that big.

Finally, on my 6th Crota Hard this week I got it done on my Titan.

5 attempts just deadlock at the Crota CP. It will take some time until players agree on some working strategy because the devil is in the details there. Felt almost like beating Oryx the first time again. Loot wasn't stingy at all, helmet/gauntlet/chest/mark/ghost/artifact, the Song of Ir Lut LMG and the Adept versions of Oversoul Edict and Abyss Defiant.

I was probably really lucky early this week that I've managed Ir Yut with a competent team. Only took about 2-3 there to fine tune the approach. I doubt with an average team getting the timing right won't be pretty because of the short countdown.

Now I have to do the same for my Warlock/Hunter and still need to rerun Abyss on my Titan to get the Necochasm quest done(again). If Husk of the Pit drops farm the Knights at the Rocketyard as the spawning is reasonable there. Anywhere else can get really frustrating.

I did the Templar challenge at least last night. Got in a chill group that didn't get mad over wipes which is always the key to good raiding. The leader didn't seem interesting in doing Atheon challenge though and it was 3 AM so we broke up so, no Atheon challenge yet. I was getting killed in PVP last night by some dude with an adept fatebringer and what I presume is the Atheon challenge emblem, so I'm now kinda jealous/motivated to do Atheon challenge. From what I gather though it's much more difficult than Templar challenge, which is why I'm reticent.

Saw a TOOOONNNN of people raiding when I went on LFG though. AOT has brought a lot of people back to raid for sure, lets see how long they stay.

I got the adept Vision Of Confluence which is EXACTLY what I wanted. Everybody wants Fatebringer, they are dumb. The gun was always a bit overrated, it was good but not as stupendous as people acted. But more to the point with all the range nerfs and ammo nerfs HC's are pretty useless in PVE IMO, and fatebringer was never a PVP weapon, so who cares? Besides, I want to get a elemental of each type, and I already have Zhallo for arc. Honestly if I get Atheons Epilogue to fill my void slot I'd be pretty set.

Weirdly I did not notice getting any VOG armor from any checkpoints though. Not that I care much. Wonder if it is a bug or just RNG.

Honesty not really a big fan of raiding any more, tends to be too difficult with these challenge modes and all and I've never had a stable raid group which makes it all the more difficult to do this stuff. Not sure my strategy, whether I will endeavor to beat every new raid and challenge mode or not. Not necessarily looking forward to that grind so maybe not. But at a minimum I need a void primary still.

The main reason to do ALL the challenge modes/raids would be just the AOT record book, and I'm not sure whether I will try to 100% the book either. Again, leaning no.

I wa all excited that the last AOT book reward is a t-shirt. I assumed it would be free or maybe pay shipping type deal. Go on reddit and see, it's 30 bucks. Which means Bungie is likely making a big profit off this "reward". What a joke. I'm not one to mindlessly bash Bungie but, damn Bungie. That smacks of big time greed. I'm not sure I will purchase the T-shirt when I get there.

It's solar burn this week so yeah, I can go to town with my Vision on nightfall/Story/siva heroic (need marks to buy good vendor Event Horizon/Assembly II rolls this week). Pleased.

My record book is already 99% without any Crucible lately so there are still a lot open slots and if I would force myself to get on the Mountain I would be 100% probably. You don't have to do that much if you have a good base which I assume is the case with you.

Didn't get any armor on my Sunsinger run last week either at Crota, only Titan(still needs legs after this week).

I didn't buy the T-Shirt last time either as a "reward". It didn't even look like a must have and ordering that from the US felt completely pointless.

BTW, I tried to play with Assembly a few weeks ago just for kicks but it didn't really impress me. If you have a good fast AR from IB,Gunsmith,Rift or ToO I can't see the point in it.

It was a free update.

People love doing old raids again I guess, it hits that nostalgia maybe. Don't know if the momentum will last past a couple weeks.

It was a free update.

People love doing old raids again I guess, it hits that nostalgia maybe. Don't know if the momentum will last past a couple weeks.
Agreed, for Destiny fans this was a nice free update. It gives us hardcore fans something to do before Destiny 2.

Most people in the Destiny community expected Bungie to bring back the old raids, but at least they gave us cool ornaments to give us more incentive to do them again. Adding elemental damage to the newer raid primaries, and refreshing the vendor weapons every week were also nice changes. And the small changes and challenge modes in the old raids were welcomed changes.

I think that most Destiny fans are happy.

On the topic of vendor weapons, I recommend picking up the Wormwood sidearm this week (FWC). Basically the same as the original, but with rangefinder instead of hidden hand.

Also the crucible vendor Event Horizon sniper has a very good roll for PVE (tripletap, casket mag, hidden hand, shortgaze).

Last edited:
I've had that wormwood roll for ages, got it as a random drop. I can say it is beastly. So many times I melt guys rocking the old vendor WW (without rangefinder) around 9-11 meters away because I just have a meter more range or so. Maybe they have 9 meters and I have 10. Rangefinder adds about a meter of effective range to sidearms. HCR and Hand Loaded net you a little more too (although the old vendor roll had these, it did not have RF), and HCR is one of the best perks on sidearms. It's so good I even prefer it easily to my 18 round Jabberhakke despite the ammo deficit. Sucks that others will now be able to match my sidearm though. Hopefully not too many LOL.

I was reminded what a shitshow LFG can be last night, multiple groups you get in, it's just dumb kids/teens squabbling and being annoying and terrible. Sigh. I just need to beat Gatekeeper and Atheon challenge. Trying to restart a raid from any checkpoint through LFG is usually a horror, because by nature any group looking for help there means they have already stalled out and are likely to suck.

One thing I wanted to say I absolutely love the new weapon specific bounties. Both because of the expanded loot pool, and it just feels so natural. For example, I like pulses and scouts, by picking up those bounties, I will get what I am interested in, a pulse or a scout, just by playing normally. It's great. I think you may even be able to get IB guns from those bounties besides Trials guns. Great! Although 1 of 100 guns may be worth keeping.

The primary ones remind me how relatively infrequently I actually get primary kills though. Most kills are through supers, grenades, melees, or sidearm.

It's been discussed on reddit and by streamers but, I think long term (Destiny 2 problem) something probably needs to be done about abilities cooldowns. So many times you die to something out of your control like a super, and grenade spam is intense. We could do with less ability spam.

Back