Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

Mini games are possible. The very low memory requirements suggest games can be big. I expect the limiting factor will be how well you can assemble complex 'code' to make stuff happen.

Livestream building a scene looking like this Dreams photo

23646407605_b033fb4ee8_o.png

This looks great, currently watching, interested to see what Colin thinks about this.

Edit: Finished watching, game looks truly unique, hope they have a good game along with the great tools day 1 this could be amazing for PSVR user creation.

Last edited:
I really want to get dirty with this.. Incredible potential... Wondering about the "programming" side, has there ever been videos of it? Though probably they may avoid that because it may look boring while streaming.. Any hint of those tools yet?

This could be THE killer app for PSVR if it works for everything. Sculpt models in 3D and being able to 3D print them afterwards? Create VR tailored levels?

I just can't wait to see what people come up with using these tools... Dreams has so much potential, i just hope they package a good single player component as well :)

I still don't saw any 'real' challenging gameplay up to now?? Still, I am interested...right now just out of curiosity!
I was expecting DREAMS to be more like a creation sandbox than a game (different to LittleBigPlanet) but according to Wikipedia:

In Dreams, players control an "imp", which is used to interact with the game's world, create new items and characters, and manipulate objects by grabbing and pulling them. Players move the imp by using the DualShock 4 or PlayStation Move controllers. The imp is customizable, and players can change the emotion of the imp by drawing on the controller's touchpad. The imp has the ability to possess characters featured in a dream, allowing players to take direct control of these characters.

Dreams's levels are separated by different segments known as "dreams", and these dreams are connected by different gateways such as doors. Players encounter different puzzles in the game, which must be solved by using the abilities of the imp and the possessed characters, as well as the objects players retrieved in a dream. Items collected by players can be used to alter and modify the state of the game's world
Difficult to be certainly but it sounds like 'light' gameplay mechanics with the emphasis being on experimentation and creation. Looking forward to the beta this year.

3D printed in-game model
cdxzs1zuyaadies.jphsfrwv.jpg

Obviously printed with a very expensive 3D printer but still very impressive!

I'd quite like for MM to open up the engine in such a way that the physics can be completely overwritten and developed independently, so that you could get a full FPS or something out of it.

The thing is STUNNING. I just can't see any kind of game out of it at the moment. I don't want to play a game that's just about pulling levers and solving puzzles.

I'll still buy it out of curiosity though.

I'd quite like for MM to open up the engine in such a way that the physics can be completely overwritten and developed independently, so that you could get a full FPS or something out of it.

The thing is STUNNING. I just can't see any kind of game out of it at the moment. I don't want to play a game that's just about pulling levers and solving puzzles.

I'll still buy it out of curiosity though.

Logic will probably be flexible enough to get you a fps, albeit probably a clunky one. That had been done on LBP even. The renderer doesnt seem to be a good fit for fast movement though...

Back