Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Deck OLED looks better and reduces input lag.

We already have the news that steam deck will have next-gen. More performance is necessary for higher frame rate. If we could see new steam deck in winter 2024 using N4P process of TSMC, we may have 1.5 ~2x GPU performance.

RAM bandwidth of steam deck is 88 GB/s, can we have more than 150 GB/s in 2024?

Is it technically possible that the deck which links to TV can do some hardware upscaling?

I can respect Kojima for being unafraid to make things that he likes. His games don't feel like they're made by a focus group. They really seem like something he came up with, something he wants to tell. I also think his games are awful.
Except for the parts lifted wholesale from other media (usually film).

we need kojima making the games he makes, but we dont need every game to be like that. and they arent so thats good
i really liked death stranding dc, even though it was weird. his games have an attention to detail that i love

I can respect Kojima for being unafraid to make things that he likes. His games don't feel like they're made by a focus group. They really seem like something he came up with, something he wants to tell. I also think his games are awful.
Bravo! I couldnt say it better.

For the Avatar video, I wonder whether the "raytraced audio" thing is confirmed by the studio? I'm trying to find any source online but failed. Any link would be appreciated.

For the Avatar video, I wonder whether the "raytraced audio" thing is confirmed by the studio? I'm trying to find any source online but failed. Any link would be appreciated.
it's probably from Ubisoft directly. Alex did an interview with two tech members, so he'd hear it from the horse's mouth

Just skimming the vid the games look so similar I don't know how anyone could get so heated (the communities, not DF) in discussing the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back