2023 IQ is unacceptable [spawn]

That's quite the attitude. Don't get offended when people say you are part of the problem

Not trying to be a total a-hole, but I sort of agree. There should be regulations that take care of that, it should not be my responsibility as a consumer. Well not until they put stickers on the games saying no developers where chrunce'd making this game, it should not be expected of me to help out with this.

Not trying to be a total a-hole, but I sort of agree. There should be regulations that take care of that, it should not be my responsibility as a consumer. Well not until they put stickers on the games saying no developers where chrunce'd making this game, it should not be expected of me to help out with this.
I'm not saying direct institutional problems are a consumer issue. I could never agree with that. But I do think not even caring to understand the challenges inherent in developer doing what that poster wants(even more graphics for across the entire game for alternate skus) makes any sense.

I'm sure it's technically possible but resource wise it literally makes no sense, to the point asking the question in itself is silly.

The game looks great already and nitpicking some rocks on the ground looking too polygonal is just ridiculous. It's a cross gen project. Maybe they will be able to do more when they don't have to account for PS4 and Xbox one level hw inherent

I'm sure it's technically possible but resource wise it literally makes no sense, to the point asking the question in itself is silly.

It’s certainly technically possible. As to the other point if you think it’s silly to ask why we still have assets in 2023 games that would be right at home on the PS2 well let’s just agree to disagree on that.

The game looks great already and nitpicking some rocks on the ground looking too polygonal is just ridiculous. It's a cross gen project. Maybe they will be able to do more when they don't have to account for PS4 and Xbox one level hw inherent

Yes the game does look good. We are also allowed to point out things that don’t look good. Should DF also stop criticizing graphical flaws in their reviews?

I don't think it's trying to be the absolute cutting edge?
Maybe not, but that doesn't mean people cant wish it was pushing a bit harder. There's tens of millions of PS5/XSX owners out there by now, and I assure you lots of them would really like more games that can show off what they can do, two and a half years after they've launched. Major releases like this from AAA devs should be the ones leading the charge here, but many are still dragging their heels, including 1st party releases. Definitely been a fair bit of frustration over the situation.

There's tens of millions of PS5/XSX owners out there by now, and I assure you lots of them would really like more games that can show off what they can do, two and a half years after release. Major releases like this from AAA devs should be the ones leading the charge here, but many are still dragging their heels.

Is this the same fan base that now bitches on Twitter when 'x' game doesn't run at 60fps?

They can't have 60fps and push harder on a console.

It's either one or the other.

RE4 Remake is actually one the best looking 60fps games on those consoles.

Is this the same fan base that now bitches on Twitter when 'x' game doesn't run at 60fps?

They can't have 60fps and push harder on a console.

It's either one or the other.

RE4 Remake is actually one the best looking 60fps games on those consoles.
I've been claiming that people will have to get used to 30fps gaming again before too long if they really want to see what these consoles do. And they will, because it never stopped being playable. It is especially easy to find it acceptable when you aren't able to switch between 30fps and 60fps in an instant, where 60fps will always immediately make 30fps look choppy in comparison. Bereft of that ability, console gamers will adjust and enjoy 30fps games just fine, as they always have.

That said, there is still plenty of scope to make very impressive games at 60fps on these consoles, too. 60fps isn't some new thing, we've always had 60fps games. Games like Doom, Metal Gear Solid V, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc all managed to be great looking games that ran at 60fps even on XB1/PS4. Some compromises will get made to do so, but managed cleverly, they can do it. And this time around the CPU wont be getting in the way as much.

Games like Doom, Metal Gear Solid V, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc all managed to be great looking games that ran at 60fps even on XB1/PS4. Some compromises will get made to do so, but managed cleverly, they can do it.

And those, just like the RE4 Remake were not the best looking games on the platforms.

Every single game has issues with some incredibly poor assets in places and I never see you complaining about them so please stop with the fake outrage in regard to RE4 Remake.
This is a nonsense post. Does trini have to dedicate his life to complaining about every single game to be allowed to complain about RE4R specifically? “Fake outrage” is a conversation-killing phrase that adds zero to a technical (as you noted) thread.

Report a post if it bothers you that much. Don’t insult the poster.

Last edited:
This is a nonsense post. Does trini have to dedicate his life to complaining about every single game to be allowed to complain about RE4R specifically?

His complaints are no different to the ones seen by those on Twitter and doesn't talk about the technical issues as to how or why the assets are like that.

What does it add here?

And I think it's entirely fair to highlight his lack of calling out games that are actually released with worse issues than the (unreleased to retail) RE4 Remake has.

“Fake outrage” is a conversation-killing phrase that adds zero to a technical (as you noted) thread.

Report a post if it bothers you that much. Don’t insult the poster.

I agree, are his posts that don't add anything (just like my reply) going to be removed to keep this technical thread on point?

Maybe a new thread to talk about how and why games are still releasing with varying asset quality should be created.

And those, just like the RE4 Remake were not the best looking games on the platforms.
Oh my god. ugh

Those games weren't THE most impressive looking games on the system, but they were still very good looking even by the generation's standards, all at 60fps. That is the point obviously, and one I think you know full well but are being stubborn.

RE4 Remake is only 'nice looking' by current standards because we've gotten extremely little in the way of actual 'built from the ground up for next gen consoles' games so far. That will change. RE4 Remake is already distinctly cross-gen looking. It is not going to be considered a 'great looking game' by technical standards within a couple years the way the games I mentioned are within their respective generations.

Again, I'm 100% certain you actually understand all of this already but you're making me argue it through so you can avoid having to concede any kind of point at all.

What does it add here?

I hope you can see the irony in your posts.

Asset detail is a technical topic. I don’t need to explain why there are low poly assets in a game in order to mention it. We have been promised exponential increases in detail for over 10 years starting with tessellation, then DX12 then mesh shaders and now there’s Nanite. Gamers are quite justified in being frustrated at the low fidelity of some assets so many years and multiple console generations later. They’re also free to complain here or on Twitter or anywhere else.

That is actually a topic that is relevant to this thread. Your concern for my emotional state of mind and judgement of what I’m allowed to complain about however is not.

I hope you can see the irony in your posts.
And you're still at it.
Asset detail is a technical topic.
To which you've failed to talk technical about it.
I don’t need to explain why there are low poly assets in a game in order to mention it.
You do in a technical thread.

Why are we seeing low poly assets is open for a technical debate.
We have been promised exponential increases in detail for over 10 years starting with tessellation, then DX12 then mesh shaders and now there’s Nanite.
Simply stating the obvious is offering nothing to this technical thread.

Why hasn't there been the improvements we have expected?
Gamers are quite justified in being frustrated at the low fidelity of some assets so many years and multiple console generations later.
Do not confuse your own frustration with that of all gamers.

I'm 100% certain you actually understand all of this already but you're making me argue it through so you can avoid having to concede any kind of point at all.
There is no point, the RE4 Remake is a good looking 60fps game on console and a well optimised and performing game on PC.

It's performance requirements are inline with its visuals.

There is no point, the RE4 Remake is a good looking 60fps game on console and a well optimised and performing game on PC.

It's performance requirements are inline with its visuals.
The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 was also good looking game at 60fps back in 2014, but we all understood perfectly well it would not hold a candle to what true next gen titles would be doing, especially with a bit of time.

The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 was also good looking game at 60fps back in 2014, but we all understood perfectly well it would not hold a candle to what true next gen titles would be doing, especially with a bit of time.
I think Resi 4 holds much better today than TLOU Remastered did in 2014.
So does Forbidden West. I am pretty sure if that game didnt have a previous gen version people would have been claiming that it is an example of what can be done on next gen hardware.
I d say that Resi 4 is somewhat like MGSV. It felt next gen on PS4 but there was a version on the PS3.

Back