Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

John's 11 favourite games of 2022. Won't comment much on the video, aside from the fact that it is another great video and surprises galore, and that a detail he mentions when he talks about the competition of one of the games is something that I also felt with some Forza series and the likes of it, where they throw too many cars at you, to the point you never get to use nor find appealing at all many, if not most, of them.

Rather prefer a few special cars that make a difference when you use them, just like Ridge Racer games. When you unlock a new car in Ridge Racer, or a new vehicle in F-Zero Maximum Velocity, that really means something and you feel you are ready for the next challenge in the game.

A fair list from a gaming journalist, thats gold. Couldnt agree more, those are the games that matter that still go for good gameplay.

Deathmatch!
does Richard have a RTX 3050 for personal use...? Really? I think that's the bare minimum for a true DFer, these guy are the cutting edge.

though I gotta admit I liked that humble style and approach when he tried the Intel gpu. wonder how Richard managed in the game in person because of setting the resolution to 1080p on a native 4K OLED, although given the technology and art style this game in particular maybe... He mentions the image looks a bit soft. Talking of which, I found out that my TV has some kind of 4K upscaler built-in, so I play some games at 1440p to play just like on my monitor and it doesn't look that bad. However, it's not until I set the resolution to 3840x2160 that you notice the image looks a bit soft and some details get a slight shimmer -the clothes of the first trader in Elden Ring-, maybe applying CMAA in the driver would help in that case but haven't tried yet.

Didn't have time to watch it yet but can anyone confirm if it's the latest patch? I'm assuming it's not the hotfixed version because it dropped like 1-2 days ago.

Thank you
when the game was published all Ray Tracing options were available but now they are greyed out. They acknowledge the issue and mention they will be working on it internally. It might take 3 to 6 months -not in a hurry, I completed the game several times when it didn't have RT. XeSS might come along. :)

does Richard have a RTX 3050 for personal use...? Really? I think that's the bare minimum for a true DFer, these guy are the cutting edge.

Everyone own 4090’s but the boss is on the lowest entry rt gpu possible….. would be weird. I think he did this just to test how it would run?
Thought rich had a 4090 too.

Was thinking that too, however its what Rich himself said in the video. I wonder if the RTX2060 is even slower in RT?

The 3050 and 2060 trade blows but in heavier RT workloads the 3050 performs like a 2060S.

The absolute slowest RT GPU would be the AMD 6500XT.

The 3050 is even faster than the 6600 and beats the 6600XT more than it loses.

It could be argued that the 3050 actually offers more RT performance than PS5.

The 3050 and 2060 trade blows but in heavier RT workloads the 3050 performs like a 2060S.

The slowest nvidia rt gpu he could have said then ;)

You know...considering this, it's quite impressive what the PS5 has done so far considering it's bottom of the barrel RT performance. My question is what the logic is behind AMD even putting out the 6500xt. Is it even usable for RT on the first place despite being technically capable?

You know...considering this, it's quite impressive what the PS5 has done so far considering it's bottom of the barrel RT performance. My question is what the logic is behind AMD even putting out the 6500xt. Is it even usable for RT on the first place despite being technically capable?
yes. for a dev to take advantage of it, they have to be assured their technology is scalable like Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition

Is it just me who is a bit disappointed by Richards tone in this video. I don't even play on PC and the "these things cost more to make people just have to get over it or buy used" dismissal of the huge price increase relative to people's wallets is very off putting

Is it just me who is a bit disappointed by Richards tone in this video. I don't even play on PC and the "these things cost more to make people just have to get over it or buy used" dismissal of the huge price increase relative to people's wallets is very off putting
its a bit easier to stay tone deaf on price points on PC because most vendors release a family of GPUs, so the market will find the GPU that fits their budget.
It's normal to want to get as much as possible for their money however, and that will run across the entire family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back