Assassin's Creed 2 teaser trailer.

Some new info:
Sebastien Puel: ”The Assassin's Creed game engine - Anvil - got some awesome new technical features that let us create a world with an even better visual treatment and a wider variety of gameplay with more opportunity for the player. We have many new technicalities we added in the engine that affects the graphics in the game and improves the overall visual treatment:

• Night and day cycle
• New load distance for more detailed open-world environment from greater distances
• The same internal vegetation technology used in Far Cry 2
• Several rendering improvements to support improved lighting, reflection and more special effects.
• New cloth system used extensively for characters

We have new technicalities that enhance the gameplay and give us the opportunity to create more mission variety and through more unique scenarios:

• New Artificial Intelligence architecture allowing much more diverse gameplay and mission.
• Enhanced NPC navigation showcasing parkour-like acrobatics that will spice-up the chases and escape missions”

link: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,684874/Assassins-Creed-2-Engine-detailed/News/

man this game sounds like it is going to be what we all hoped for the first time around

I am greatly looking forward to this

I just hope they fix the gameplay first. Graphics were never the problem in Assassin's Creed anyway.

yep... graphics which were some of the best will now be even better and most likely rivaling the best to date.

as for game play...

that's where this comes in

We have new technicalities that enhance the gameplay and give us the opportunity to create more mission variety and through more unique scenarios:

• New Artificial Intelligence architecture allowing much more diverse gameplay and mission.
• Enhanced NPC navigation showcasing parkour-like acrobatics that will spice-up the chases and escape missions”

I also tend to think (or hope) that this • Night and day cycle.... will allow them to improve on a stealth dimension

Racing through the city wasn't the problem in the first game either, though. It was the fact that they packed 4 hours of gameplay into a game 3 times as long, and that the assassinations themselves very often were lackluster. They've mentioned that they were going to improve the way the secondary missions worked, but at this point I question whether Ubisoft even has real game designers outside of France.

This time they really have to convince me to buy their game...
The first one was a marvel when it comes to graphics and overall presentation, but the most shallow and repetitive game I've played in a long time... It was a shame really... The most boring game mechanics in such a beautifull wrapping...

AC needs mission variety, more player control, strong sense of progress hopefully with a well structured and customizable leveling/skill/perk system.

The thing is Ubisoft (Montreal) has developed so many openworld games, yet they have showed no sign of understanding the basics in every single one of them. So why are we excited again?

AC needs mission variety, more player control, strong sense of progress hopefully with a well structured and customizable leveling/skill/perk system.

The thing is Ubisoft (Montreal) has developed so many openworld games, yet they have showed no sign of understanding the basics in every single one of them. So why are we excited again?

You got me. Maybe because the sales of AC will help fund Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Increasing draw / load distance shouldn't have been one of the teams priorities. Keep the cities isolated, make sure they run flawlessly on both systems, then start pouring resources into making them alive.

If they want me to be interested in this game, the missions are going to have to have more variety. Instead of just killing people as an objective, make my objective something like saving the life of a man who is about to be executed.

Or maybe put me in a situation where I must "frame" someone. Kill one person, and then lure another to the murder scene to frame him.

The game just has so many possibilities, it was a shame to see the first entry in the series turn out to be so mundane.

Same Vegetation system as Far Cry 2 excites me, but yes, we need varied gameplay first !

In fact, lets see some gameplay first, as the art direction of Paris is not exciting me as much !

EDIT: Downloaded the trailer and saw it again ! Its Venice, and , well, in CG, it looks pretty good :D !

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah saw it on the Sony E3 conference stream.

EDIT: Perhaps this one

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7962_en.html
Thanks!! Look right now (between I woner how I missed it it looks like the vid has been up for a while).

OK I watched it that looks pretty great, my wife liking it :)
As a sad point it looks like the combat system is still not top notch. A blend with Batman Assylum system could have been a blessing (already dreaming about the next rendition).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back