Assassins Creed 2

Neb

Iron "BEAST" Man
Legend
Assassins Creed 2 for PC mars 2010.

Discover an intriguing and epic story of power, revenge and conspiracy set during a pivotal moment in history: the Italian Renaissance.

The lineage continues as this new chapter introduces Ezio, inheritor of the talents and creed of the Assassins. His family murdered by rival families, Ezio resolves to learn the ancient art of the Assassin in order to seek revenge. He will not do so alone though, allying with historical figures such as philosopher and writer Niccolò Machiavelli. You will also be able to master the art of the assassin with all new weapons and instruments created by the renowned inventor and genius of the Renaissance, Leonardo Da Vinci himself.

Experience the freedom and immersion of an all new open world and mission structure with settings such as the rooftops and canals of beautiful Venice. Your options in combat, assassination and escape are vast, with many new weapons, settings and gameplay elements.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/

About the new DRM from Ubisoft to be used in AC2 and Settlers 7. The link contains more info about DRM solution and questions and answers.

http://support.uk.ubi.com/online-services-platform/

Is there an "off-line" option?
No. The added services to the game (unlimited installs, online storage of saved games and the fact that you don’t need the game disc to play) require you to have an online connection while playing the game.

What if Ubisoft decides not run these online services in the future? Will my game stop working?
If any service is stopped, we will create a patch for the game so that the core game play will not be affected.

What will happen if I lose my Internet connection when I play the game?
If you lose your Internet connection the game will pause while it tries to reconnect. If the Internet connection is unable to resume, the server will have stored your last saved game and you will be able to continue from where you left off once your internet connection is restored.

Will all my saved games be stored online?
Yes! They will be stored both online and on your PC.

Will I need to be online the whole time when I play the game? Including for single player?
Yes. You will need to have an active Internet connection to play the game, for all game modes.

Do any services run when I am not playing?
No. The only service that might be running after you exit the game is the online synchronization of saved games which runs until it is completed. It is not a hidden window, so you can cancel it at any time, and it will finish the synchronization the next time you start the game.

Do you add any monitoring tools to my computer?
No! We respect your privacy and will only access information needed for the new services and game to function. There are no hidden programs or monitoring tools installed.

Do you send information to third parties?
No. We offer the option opt-in to receive news and updates from Ubisoft, but we do not send any nformation to any third parties

Will this affect the performance of my PC?
No. The services that we offer run only when you start the game and there are no background services.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the PS3 version for the first one, apart from the obvious graphical improvements with a PC, version I assume it will support a controller and would it be better using said controller instead of K/M?

dx 9 only means no buy from me.

I will buy just cause 2 considering its dx 10 only and has a ground up engine for the pc.

It's DX9 only? Wasn't the first one DX10, even DX10.1 (until the debacle of course) ?

Why wouldn't you buy something just because it's DX9? Plenty of DX9 titles look fantastic, and let's not forget that game play won't be affected one bit.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,704779/Assassins-Creed-2-PC-is-DX9-only/News/

PCGH: Can you explain why you removed support for DX10.1 in Assassin's Creed with the patch 1.02 although DX10.1 improved the quality of FSAA as well as the performance on Radeon cards? Is it really true that DX10.1 caused errors when calculating post processing? Will the renderer of Assassin's Creed 2 support DX10.1 or once again just DX10?
David Champagne: I personally didn't work on the first Assassin's Creed PC so it would be hard for me to answer this question. For Assassin's Creed II, we decided to stick to DX9. This allowed us to focus on a single version of the renderer and helped us to achieve the best possible performances.

THe interview is really good , go check it out so they get hits. They talk alot more about no dx 11 and 10 support as I believe PCGH is flabergasted at the lack o support for it.

Also the allways on internet connection thing turns me off. What if i want to play on my laptop on a flight. I'm screwed basicly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why wouldn't you buy something just because it's DX9? Plenty of DX9 titles look fantastic, and let's not forget that game play won't be affected one bit.

Because hardware has moved on. I don't want to support devs taking steps backwards in tech just to make an easy 360 port. DX 10 is 3 years old and we can't even get support for that let alone dx 11. I rather give my money to a developer that is supporting these things and the pc side then trying to just make quick money.

I very much enjoyed AC2 on the PS3 and suggest it as a purchase for anyone that is thinking about the pc version. I as well am not overly enthused about the lack of DX10 support and the constant online connection required to play, but I personally would not let these issues stop me from playing a quality title.

Aye I purposely didn't touch the console version (could have played on my X360) in order to play the PC version. Might give it a month to see if people run into problems with this new form of DRM, however.

As it is I have too many games that I may not finish before it comes out anyways. AvP and Bioshock 2.

Regards,
SB

Because hardware has moved on. I don't want to support devs taking steps backwards in tech just to make an easy 360 port. DX 10 is 3 years old and we can't even get support for that let alone dx 11. I rather give my money to a developer that is supporting these things and the pc side then trying to just make quick money.

Is strange though that in the interview video they say PC version delayment is to make a better PC version. Now DX9 is outdated but if it sports major visual enhancements it would be good but if not then... I'm with you.

Is strange though that in the interview video they say PC version delayment is to make a better PC version. Now DX9 is outdated but if it sports major visual enhancements it would be good but if not then... I'm with you.

The last game was dx 10.1 then became 10.0 because of nvidia and now its dx 9. I wonder if its because ati cards are pulling away from them in dx 10 and hgher .

What ridiculous DRM scheme. I hope they don't earn any money.

It's called prerogative. If they can't make time to support DX10/DX11 then consumers don't have time to buy it. Besides, they are charge $60 for this game on the PC. And, you can't play this game unless it maintains an internet connection. Off my list.

Nice! Thanks Dave :)

Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored

That makes the DRM a little bit more manageable?

Thats great as it was my biggest concern. Not funny having to redo boss battles or hard parts due to ISP.

Back