Assassins Creed 2

Definately Cpu limited. I had an e6600 which was playable but a little on the slow side. That's with an hd4890. I upgraded to a 2500k and got solid 60fps all the time on the same gpu. That's at max settings and 1080p.

Thanks, so it's clearly quite CPU-limited. Odd, because Assassin's Creed 1 was fine on the same CPU, and this sequel doesn't have anything that should obviously warrant more CPU power.

I'll be upgrading soon, then. Thanks again, guys.

Maybe you can try finding a second hand Q9x50 and overclock it to 3.5-4GHz. No point in upgrading to SB/IB platform now, when you'll be stuck with a MB with no upgrade path.

Maybe you can try finding a second hand Q9x50 and overclock it to 3.5-4GHz. No point in upgrading to SB/IB platform now, when you'll be stuck with a MB with no upgrade path.

I've tried that, actually every now and then I look for one, but they're always ridiculously overpriced, probably because the platform is dead and sellers know that what they're peddling is rare.

I'm just going to wait for Virgo and Vishera. I doubt they'll be much good for a gaming rig, but at least they may entice Intel to drop their prices somewhat.

As I said, Core 2 Q9650s are insanely expensive, and slightly slower models aren't much cheaper, even used.

Plus, I don't want anything less than a Q9650, because otherwise I'd lose single-threaded performance. I don't think I can keep dragging this old rig any longer, but that's OK, my baby brother will like it better than his horrendous Netburst-based Celeron.

Back