• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will it be long now for the first Evergreed reviews? It is already the noon of the 22nd where i live! So, are we going to see full reviews or what? Is there a full NDA lifting today?

Check the screenshots above to see when the embargo ends. It has the exact time and date... ;)

Check the screenshots above to see when the embargo ends. It has the exact time and date... ;)

Oh yes, thanks mate!

So we have another 18hours or so. We are almost there! :p

(For some strange reason, when i click on the "view first unread" i get transfered to posts, way ahead of what i've actually read! What am i doing wrong? :?:)

AA...yes yes yes yes. Hopefully the SSAA is a decent speed and hopefully it can be easily forced for all games. And it better be at least RGSSAA and not OGSSAA.

Yep, that's one less thing Nvidia can hold over their heads. I'm really curious too see what they mean by it being based on Adaptive AA. Adaptive has all sorts of transparency checks, but supersampling should just be a higher resolution render. After all, that's the only way you can guarantee texture and shader AA.

I'm sure you're looking really hard. Seriously Degustator, even trolling has limits...as does patience for it. Google "vista redux windows 7 drivers ati", see what comes out. And if you have nothing to contribute but cheap jabs I dare suggest you think twice, this is not a sniping ground.

It's interesting how i've yet to see any benchmark not done inside AMD with any kind of performance difference between V and 7...

Well, I don't have actual benchmarks for you, but I have noticed that when I rendered simple test scenes (with an nVidia GeForce 8800GTS even) with my DX10 engine, which are well in the CPU-limited range, the framerate on Windows 7 was considerably higher than on Vista (eg 6000 vs 8500 fps).
I doubt it would make much of a difference in more GPU-limited situations, but that doesn't mean that Windows 7/WDDM 1.1 didn't actually manage to reduce some of the overhead.

I'm sure you're looking really hard. Seriously Degustator, even trolling has limits...as does patience for it. Google "vista redux windows 7 drivers ati", see what comes out. And if you have nothing to contribute but cheap jabs I dare suggest you think twice, this is not a sniping ground.
I'm sorry, but I do look very hard. So maybe instead of sending me to Google (which by the way is the worst type of trolling) you could provide a link to independant benchmarks which show that 7 is much faster than V? Thanks in advance.

Maybe because people don't / aren't supposed to have the cards in the first place?
So what you're saying is that only Radeons 5800 will be faster in 7 than in V? And older cards such as AMD's 4000 and NV's 9000/200 won't? Why?

It's interesting how i've yet to see any benchmark not done inside AMD with any kind of performance difference between V and 7...

Must use nvidia cards to compare with also.
Then the difference is obvious.
There is some numbers around showing the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 vddm, a 50% less mem footprint using firefox.

Holy moderator! I just noticed that this thread has grown to be almost double in views, compared to the GT300 one! Last time I checked, a few days back, they only had a difference of like 30000 views or so. Not that it is important, heheh!

Holy moderator! I just noticed that this thread has grown to be almost double in views, compared to the GT300 one! Last time I checked, a few days back, they only had a difference of like 30000 views or so. Not that it is important, heheh!

Ok then time to contribute then to the counter of useless contributions :devilish:

Not only that but about 5-6 weeks ago this thread was smaller than GT300. Now it has over 50% more posts. Amazing speed :)

Don't worry, it'll catch up. Jawed alone will account for a few hundred posts if Nvidia gives him something new to wrack his brain over :LOL: I'm sure a review or two will pop up somewhere soon enough. Usually PConline goes live a little earlier than most folks and they usually have a comprehensive test suite too.

At this rate, this thread will likely top 175 pages :)
That kinda depends on how many messages you have per page, this thread is at page 49 for me at the moment :cool:

But! At what GMT time do the australia/oceania/japan/china hit 23rd? I mean, it's bound to happen that someone skips the NDA lift se to happen at sometime CET

Back